Cpap

Discussion in 'Crete Carrier' started by smoothheem, Jul 13, 2013.

1. smoothheem

smoothheem Active Member

Hello everyone, I am having problems with this cpap machine, I have been with crete for about 5 months and everything was going gd intill they made me get a sleep study and forced me to but a cpap machine thru them, the problem is that I am a active sleeper and the mask will not stay on at nite and I have done everything, at this point I am desperate, they have put me out of service 4 times already ranging from 7, 5, 5 and now 11 days today, this time they told me to clean out my truck and go home to get compliant and then I can come back, I am not trying to leave company but I am losing alot of money, any suggestions please, this is really getting out of hand over a cpap machine.
    Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

2. Skateboard

Skateboard ** Commie Express ** Supporter

Sorry about your problems. This just seems to be getting out of hand. I was at the shop this morning and both team drivers were just forced to go on the machine.

3. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Supporter

Find a better company.

4. Skateboard

That does not solve the problem. The CPAP machine is recording that his mask came off. Safety is forced to take action the same as all other companies need to do as in cover your ass.

5. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Supporter

Yeah my point is find a company not humping these friggin machines. I notice he said he was forced to buy one from them. Wonder what their profit on that is?

Duck likes this.
  6. Skateboard

Most companies now require a specific CPAP machine that has a modem and transmits your data every day back to the safety department. My guess is that these companies are now buying them in bulk and saving the drivers some money.

If a driver gets into an accident and kills someone and they see his mask came off the night before so the data line was a flat line, that's it, end of story, pay up and your done.

7. Skateboard

I know it sucks but the safety department must take action and prove it. That's what happens during a DOT intervention. So XYZ Company, how are you going to handle all these driver infractions? Well, we are going to do this and that. Ok, XYZ, sounds good. We may be back to make sure you did all those things if we see any more problems.

8. smoothheem

smoothheem Active Member

That is correct, I dont know a better company to fo to, I started with western express and let me be the first to tell you if you don't already know... that company is the worst, they need to be shut down, but going to crete from them was like winning the lottery, going to heaven, and just all the above. So I have 6 month with western and over 5 months with crete, clean driving record with a felony from 15 yrs ago, crete got me home every 6 days and I started at .38 cent, if I would of went to 21 days out I would of been at .41 cent.

9. smoothheem

smoothheem Active Member

The pressure was the problem at first, then I found a way to get into the settings and adjust it, but I am a very active sleeper and the mask is off by the time my break is up and it is to late to put back on then, I sllep so bad that I will go to bes with cothes on and when I wake up I am totally naked, but naked, it is Crazy!

10. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

Get one of these & put it in your sleeper.

gurney.jpg

11. smoothheem

smoothheem Active Member

Lmao!!

12. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

I wasn't kidding. :stare1:

13. smoothheem

smoothheem Active Member

Wish I could, could not strap own self in anyway.

14. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

I think you're gonna have to get creative & see if there's a way you can modify the mask so it won't come off, and modify the hose so it won't break either.

Either that, or get with a doctor about the tossing & turning.

Or spend 10 hours online searching the internet to find out if anybody's ever figured out how to hack those CPAP machines so they can "fix" the data log.

15. Skateboard

I say just pressurize your interior cab!!!

16. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

The same pressure would also be applied to the exterior of the chest, defeating the purpose.

Ok you can post the airplane passing overhead smiley now.

17. Skateboard

lol.....We can fix that with the in cab air line hose stuck up his ??? to equalize the pressure.

Sorry Smooth, having a little fun at your expense.

18. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Supporter

Here's an idea. Go see your Doctor. Ask him if you need the damn thing. If you don't find a.good employment lawyer.preferably familiar with trucking like Opie and go after the companies perpetrating these frauds.

Inform that by forcing you to strap into their contraption they are interfering with your natural sleep patterns and increasing your odds of having a fatigue related accident.

Seriously, I find it complete BS. They send you to their Dr( wink wink) who decides you have some disease ( wink wink ) so they can sell you some machine ( not at cost I assume wink wink) and then they fire you to get the next sucker in. Sounds like Crete found a way to supplement their income. Or at least cut down on their labor costs by back charging drivers for bogus equipment.

If you don't mind my asking what are they charging you for their machine?

19. rigjockey

rigjockey I am the reason why we can't have nice things! Staff Member

I would go see a Doctor to see if there is some kind of sedative or something, That would help with the restless sleep. That being said I think trucking companies that are imposing these studies and machines on drivers is wrong.

20. smoothheem

smoothheem Active Member

They are charging me $900, $50 a check, I owe about $300, yeah it is complete bs