Cool Canadians

Discussion in 'Canadian Trucking' started by Coronado Kid, May 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. realdesertkickin

realdesertkickin Well-Known Member

I pulled into a bad place with 2 48's once...had to take em apart to spin everything around...it sucked

2. dmerchound

dmerchound Active Member

The Trans Canada has been 4 lane all the way from the Quebec border to the Nova Scotia border since about 2004 I think. The route through CFB Gagetown is NB 7, and yes they still use it. They improved it quite a bit. There's a four lane section over Petersville Hill and another one down around Welsford. You can make it from Fredericton to Saint John West in about 45 mins with a car, and about an hour with 68 000 lbs in a tridem. Correction to my post on LCVs: They haul them all the way as far as Halifax. NB 17 runs from Campbelton to St Leonard (about 30 miles south of Edmundston). If you ever take the route be very, very, very careful. That sucker is one of the hardest roads to cross in the country. Twists, turns, wildlife, poor construction, and a couple of big (and I mean big) hills. They're not mountains, but each of them is about 3 miles long and they are freaking steep. Up there, I've seen trucks parked... parked... on the road slide off into the ditch during a freezing rain storm in the fall. I've seen trucks have to take two and three runs a t a hill to get up over it (and those are the guys that live there). All I'm really saying is that you best know what you're doing before you head across that road, and I would suggest you pop your cherry on a warm sunny day.

3. Southern Fried

Southern Fried Well-Known Member

Yep, I know about 17. :D I'm from NB, born in Saint John. Only been down here since 2003. When I left, the section of 4 lane between Edmundston and Grand Falls was still under "construction" (for around 10 years). DOD controls much of 7 access because of Camp Gagetown from Geary to Wellsford and Military Vehicles have priority of use of that stretch. Petersville was notorious because the military has "road crossings" at the top and bottom. Ever encounter a tank convoy running "dark" during a rainstorm at night? I have.:D

Anyways, good to hear things are improving. But the one thing the Maritimes will never run out of is roads across hills that make things "interesting". :biglaugh:

4. ironpony

ironpony Well-Known Member Supporter

Misery-boy from TTR was POd Saturday... ran a load up ta Edmonton, and had ta buy a coat.

5. Southern Fried

Couple more weeks and it'll be Winter Woolies. :D

6. ironpony

If'n he fergot his chains, he's liable ta be snowed in all winter!

:rolllaugh3:

7. Southern Fried

BTW.... did you know Edmonton comes from the Indian phrase meaning "Lousy camping ground, too cold. Let's palm it off on the white guys"????

• Like Like x 3
  8. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

Chicago means stinky place.

9. Sinister

Sinister Smartass Emeritus Supporter

In the novel, not the movie, World War Z, some people moved north of the Artic Circle and established an encampment figuring the freezing cold would stop the zombie horde from eating them. The zombies would freeze, but then in the spring when they thawed, they would continue searching for food.

Problem was, there's not much food in a frozen wasteland and in a sickening turn of irony, they resorted to cannibalism.

So basically, even in a zombie apocalypse, there's no reason to go to Canada.

It's certainly not worth the hassle as a company driver...zombies or not.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Sinister

Inappropriate use of commas is my specialty.

11. mndriver

mndriver curmudgeon extraordinare Staff Member Supporter

in, What way, do, you do, That.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member Staff Member

Commas,are,cool,,,,,,,,,,,,

13. Southern Fried

You do realize, don't you, that by your own several posts you have admitted that Canada is a much cooler place to be from than the USA. You can't get much cooler than -40F or so. ;) :biglaugh:

14. mndriver

-40 there is no colder than -40 here.

Either way, it sucks

• Like Like x 3
  15. Sinister

I can do that in Wisconsin just fine...lol

• Like Like x 1
  16. Southern Fried

Ah, those states who snuggle up to Canada trying to "borrow" our coolness. Kinda sad when you come to think of it. :(;)

• Like Like x 2
  17. mndriver

I guess.

anything to make you feel better for being the largest US National park.

• Like Like x 4
  18. ironpony

Y'all can keep yer durn Artical Vortex too!

:mad:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Southern Fried

Oh nice..... we try to help you become just a little bit "cooler" and there's the thanks we get. Some people's kids.:harumph:;):D

(Wish RJ would hurry up an get back. Gettin tired of doin' double duty and keepin you dang yankees humble) :biglaugh:

• Like Like x 2
  20. ironpony

Prodigal son here... :canada:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.