Cool Canadians

Discussion in 'Canadian Trucking' started by Coronado Kid, May 13, 2015.

1. Coronado Kid

Coronado Kid Cactus Patch

In canada they have drivers that can pull 2 53'' ft trailers

LCV Ontario Canada.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

We have them in the USA too.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Coronado Kid

I have never in my life seen someone in America pull 2 53'' doubles that exceededs lengths

4. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

They pull twin 48's all over the place but I'm pretty sure they pull twin 53's in North Dakota

• Like Like x 1
  5. Blood

Blood Driveler Emeritus Supporter

That's because you were (practically) born yesterday.
    :D

I've pulled a bunch of them.
    They're called turnpike doubles and legal on the KS turnpike, any Oklahoma interstate and the New York Thruway.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Injun

Injun Rabid Squaw Staff Member Supporter

I've seen them in New York.

• Like Like x 1
  7. rigjockey

rigjockey Token Canadian.

They run those in New York on the thru way right on over through Mass.

8. 8978

8978 ** Commie Express ** Supporter

I read the title and started laughing

• Like Like x 4
  9. patriciajnsn

patriciajnsn Steering Wheel Holder

Any state next to Canada you'll see them.I use to deliver to Canada on a weekly basis.When I first seen 2 53 ft doubles I was quite impressed.

10. rigjockey

rigjockey Token Canadian.

Shuuddup!:D

• Like Like x 2
  11. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

That's VOLVO POWER.

LMAO.

I bet it's got an 18 speed, Volvo's most powerful engine, and still accelerates like a freight train.

12. dangerous1

dangerous1 Well-Known Member

I agree that Canada is cold. Thats why I dont live there.

(I'm practicing to be a TTR member and only read the title before replying)

• Like Like x 5
  13. AlexG

AlexG Well-Known Member

It's almost summer, you would think they start warning up by now

• Like Like x 1
  14. Pullin2

Pullin2 Well-Known Member

That's a nice photo .... but ROBERT really needs to get rid of the red rims ..... especially with the nicer, newer trailers ...... I pull two as well, although only twin 28 footers ..... I use a Volvo 670 with an IShift and a 500 HP ..... my first automatic ..... after 30 + years .... not hard to take as much as I thought ...... Turnpikers have been used for years on various roads - twin 53 footers that is

• Like Like x 1
  15. Coronado Kid

still cool

16. Southern Fried

Southern Fried Well-Known Member

When I used to run Quebec, Robert was towing them between Montreal and Riviere du Loup on 20.
    They break em up at a little restaurant yard and haul em single on rte 132 and 185.

Mostly only in non-snow season. Had a set pass me on 20 in a late spring snowstorm and it was total white-out, couldn't see a dang thing for all the snow it sucked up.

17. dmerchound

dmerchound Well-Known Member

Here's the deal on 2 x 53 footers. They're loaded up with LTL (mostly) or light goods coming east and the total gross of the tractor and trailers combined cannot exceed 110 000 lbs (I think... I'm pretty sure). And yes they break em up at Riviere du Loup ( that's Wolf River in French) and take em across 185 / 85 to Edmundston where they can put loads back together to take further east to Moncton. I'm pretty sure they cannot take them to Halifax because of the Cobequid Pass, that sucker has grades posted and it's long. Now, because there's so much less freight going west, many times one or both are empty. They're not supposed to exceed 90 km/h (55 mph). When they're going east after Edmundston there's only one big hill they have to climb at a place called Meductic, and it's less than 6% because the grade isn't posted.... but it's about a mile and a half long. As far as running them in the winter, at my company the driver makes the call. Their the captain of the ship.

18. Southern Fried

Canadian summer was 3 weeks ago..... it's Early Winter up there now. :D

19. Southern Fried

That's new since I left NB. I guess they finished up the 4 lane through Grand Falls, etc. They still using 17 through Camp Gagetown from Fredericton to Saint John?

20. realdesertkickin

realdesertkickin Well-Known Member

2 trailers impress you?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1