Castle & cook, Campbell foods university park Ill

Discussion in 'Shipper and Receiver Reviews' started by mndriver, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Blood

Blood Driveler Emeritus Supporter

You would enjoy an aquaponic setup.
    It's very riveting.
    No weeds to speak of and stuff grows twice as fast in half the space since it doesn't have to compete for air, nutrients or water.

Duck likes this.
  2. Blood

USDA grow zones are referenced to determine which plants will survive in your location and when it is (probably) safe from frost to put starts out.

3. Blood

A little overboard (unless you live in Antarctica).
    Aquaponics is where it's at.
    Like Hydroponics except that fish provide the fertilizer while the plants filter/clean the water.

In aquaponics you don't need to add nutrient like you do in hydroponics
    and you don't need to do frequent water changes for the fish like you do in aquaculture.

The little greenhouse in the pic below is only about 7x9.
    A hoop-house is suppose to allow you to grow as though you live 1 zone South from your actual location but the fish tank holds enough water to make a heat sink that allows me at least 2 zones without heating the water except for the passive heat that occurs.

I put my starts out in Early April and they thrived.
    My daughter lost her starts in mid April with the same green house because of cold weather. I took the cover off the one in the first pic around Mothers day after all risk of frost had passed. It was blowing the top off the popper.
    With the fish tank in my green house temps were in the 70's after a night of lows in the 30's.

Those little green houses were on clearance at a store where I park a coupla times per week. I bought 5 at $40 each.
    :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Duck likes this.