Castle & cook, Campbell foods university park Ill

Discussion in 'Shipper and Receiver Reviews' started by mndriver, Jul 2, 2015.

1. mndriver

mndriver curmudgeon extraordinare

Showed up 1 1/2 hours early.

2 hours past appointment, still not loaded.

Watched one guy get told he has to pay $120 for being late. Another guy for $260 for being on the wrong day (even though he was an entirely different company). And they refuse to pay detention charges.

@Injun, prime example of your "driver abuse."

Broker even knows this place screws things up for others. Admitted it was common occurrence.

rigjockey and Injun like this.
  2. rigjockey

rigjockey I am the reason why we can't have nice things! Staff Member

Campbell's is notorious for screwing drivers. I Am not sure why trucking companies even bother dealing with them. They should be fed the bottom feeder carriers to haul their ****. Literally ****!
    There is no way in hell that Campbell's pays enough to deal with their bullshit .

3. mndriver

mndriver curmudgeon extraordinare

Sysco is no better for a receiver.

I had a bad feeling booking this load earlier this week.

The address has been taken out and replaced with "do not haul" for the broker.

Duck likes this.
  4. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

I've been there a million times.

I was just there a couple weeks ago, in my car, to pick up a load. :D

I live 15 miles away from there so the boss throws me a few bucks every now & then to go check in for someone who's running late for an appointment. He gives me the information & I go check in. This last time, the driver was still backed into a dock in freakin' South Bend, IN when I was checking in, pretending to be him, and he still got there before they assigned him a dock.

If I happen to have one of their trucks at home, I just go there in the truck & check in & wait for him. One time I did actually have to put the trailer in the dock, then when the other guy showed up I just carefully un-hooked while they were in the trailer loading it, then grabbed his trailer & went home.

Kiwi303 and rigjockey like this.
  5. Blood

Blood Driveler Emeritus Supporter

I call B/S!!
    :mad:

If you're 35 you've only lived 12,775 days.
    To have been anywhere a million times you'd have to be there more 78 times a day... every day of your life!

This is how people who don't have the very first grow-zone 6 tomato try to
    big-up their lives.
    :harumph:

Giggles and Duck like this.
  6. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

If I had a "grow zone 6 tomato", whatever the hell that is, I'd eat it. o_O

Blood likes this.
  7. Blood

You wouldn't have time.
    You have to check in about every 17 minutes.
    :D

8. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

How long does it take to wolf down a "grow zone 6 tomato"?

Blood likes this.
  9. Blood

18 minutes...
    dumbass!
    :D

10. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

You eat too slow. Maybe that's why you're so damn skinny.

Blood likes this.
  11. Skateboard

Skateboard ** Commie Express ** Supporter

What the heck is that? Do you grow them? I've thought about growing tomatoes but don't know the first thing about it.

rigjockey likes this.
  12. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

First you get the rototiller out of the barn. Then you drag it over to the other barn. Put gas in it, realize it's leaking. Push it outside really quick. Throw some oil-dry on the spill. Check out the gas leak. Discover it's fuel line is cracked & dry-rotted. Realize you have no fuel line lying around. Go to the auto parts store. On the way there, whip into the grocery store & buy some tomatoes.

That's how I did it this year.

And I did it all in 17 minutes before I was due back at the cold storage place.

rigjockey, Giggles, Blood and 2 others like this.
  13. Blood

Rookie mistakes.
    :cool:

;)

Giggles and Skateboard like this.
  14. Kiwi303

Kiwi303 Not a fruit

Grow Zone 6?

What's that? They grow tomatos in Antarctica in the winter... Should be easy where you are then.

15. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

Not if you're as lazy as I am.

I have no problem with tilling up the dirt & sticking seeds in the ground & watering it & all that crap. What I don't want to deal with is pulling weeds every single freakin' day & having those damn multi-colored beetles buzzing around everywhere eating holes in the plants.

16. Giggles

Giggles I only look innocent

:rolllaugh3:

17. Kiwi303

Kiwi303 Not a fruit

Indoor hydroponic setup in a bug proof enclosure with grow lamps and CO2 source...

Just make sure when the cops raid you that they really ARE tomatoes, not Rastafarian Ganja plants...

18. rigjockey

rigjockey I am the reason why we can't have nice things! Staff Member

Piece of cake. I grew tomatoes as a kid on my parents condo balcony. A pot, Some seed and some good soil.
    What was interesting was my friend did the same thing he had southern exposure and I had northern exposure. Mine grew and his did not.

Skateboard likes this.
  19. Pops65

Pops65 Well-Known Member

So a year ago a very good friend had a massive heart attack and passed. His truck was loaded for Sysco, and I was home after my wife stayed with his I took the trailer the next day and went to unload it . They told me I was a day late explained what had happened they could care less. So I found empty dock backed up and unhooked trailer went back inside told them what door it was at and if they didn't like it what they could do with it. Went to company he was hauling for explained what had happened. They said they would take care of it and wrote check to cover load I took back to his wife. Another reason I do not pull a reefer or van. I just don't have those kind of problems with a flatbed. JUST SAYING

rigjockey likes this.
  20. Blood

If they're like the hothouse tomatoes we get here they have the flavor & texture of packing peanuts. It is relatively easy to grow tomatoes, etc here but you're still at the mercy of the elements with a traditional garden.