Can't stop coughing

Discussion in 'Truckers Health With Dr. Daliah' started by DrDaliah, Jan 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. DrDaliah

DrDaliah Well-Known Member Supporter

I had a ventral hernia repair and of all the weeks got this cough. Since I can't do much of anything else I wrote a piece on all the things that help your cough.
    Spoiler alert - Chocolate is one of them.

Stay healthy this New Year!!!

Can’t stop coughing? Tips to quell your cough

Tazz and Inkeper like this.
  2. Skateboard

Skateboard ** Commie Express ** Supporter

Ok, chocolate make me cough!!!! I thought it was just me. Last week on Friday I had some chocolate and started to cough. I mentioned to a guy why I was coughing and he said it does the same thing to him. It's always the smooth chocolate like those little Dove candies and not something like a Hersheys bar.

DrDaliah likes this.
  3. rigjockey

rigjockey I am the reason why we can't have nice things! Staff Member

It's not a tumor! LOL

DrDaliah, AK7 and Blood like this.
  4. GAnthony

GAnthony Well-Known Member

one of my meds (ACE inhibitor) causes a slight cough. one time, a med i was on, caused a whole lot more, doctor took me off that med, for another. but wouldn't you know it, the insurance refused to pay for it, so the doctors office told them i must have it, (i'll surmise they said,for the reduction in coughing)....they paid for it again.

now for the umpteeth time, i am on yet another med, this time...... angiotensin II receptor antagonists (Losartan).....the fun never stops.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    DrDaliah likes this.
  5. Skateboard

My pharmacist takes some type of BP medicine that makes her cough. She says she has to walk around with a water bottle ALL the time.

DrDaliah likes this.
  6. GAnthony

GAnthony Well-Known Member

i'd rather have the cough, then the diarrhea some cause... you can always run for a glass of water....you cannot always run to the toilet.

DrDaliah likes this.
  7. Skateboard

Ha ha ha ha ha ha. I always think of that Seinfeld episode where his girlfriend is always naked in his apartment. Jerry has a fit when she crouches down and coughs

DrDaliah likes this.
  8. DrDaliah

Yep that's probably an ACE inhibitor. I'm surprised he's not switching her to an ARB.

9. Skateboard

Now see, women can be sexist too!

DrDaliah likes this.
  10. Skateboard

sexist-poster-6.jpg

DrDaliah and Blood like this.
  11. DrDaliah

Blood and Skateboard like this.
  12. mndriver

mndriver curmudgeon extraordinare

Doc was messing with my meds after my angiogram. He was walking by and stood in the door and listening to me. Nurse told me later anyway.

That afternoon he changed my meds and the annoying cough I'd had for a day was suddenly gone. No clue which one he switched, but it was a side effect of one of them.

At the time, I was just happy not to be worm food.

Injun and DrDaliah like this.
  13. DrDaliah

I hear ya. The ACE inhibitors are phenomenal medications for blood pressure, heart failure, kidney protection, and are always attempted first, but the cough makes them unbearable

14. mndriver

As a side note too......

A dry persistent cough suddenly appearing is also a symptom of an impending heart attack as well. Along with "stiff painful joints" and tightness in the chest and/or shoulders.

Almost flu-like

DrDaliah likes this.
  15. DrDaliah

But the cough usually comes on as a "clearing of the throat" and then a mild but persistent nusence ....I can't spell nucence.....

Blood likes this.
  16. Skateboard

Geezus H. Newsense

DrDaliah and mndriver like this.
  17. mndriver

Nuisance....

It was explained to me as the bodies attempt to do cpr or heart compressions specifically.

DrDaliah likes this.
  18. DrDaliah

or its an inferior heart attack who's damage is irritating the diaphragm it lies on. Thanks for being my spell check ;)

mndriver likes this.
  19. mndriver

No problemo.....

Two times I've been scared in my life.....

The day the doc called me and told me the results of a colonoscopy and how close I was to a different phone call......

The time (10:54 am ) that the doctor walked in and said I was having a heart attack and I was being admitted and walked out. This one bar none has scared me the most in life. Even over staring at a live anti personnel mine in Kosovo set to go off.

It wakes you up right now to how mortal you really are.

The accident I was in a year later didn't phase me like either of those.

DrDaliah likes this.
  20. Skateboard

My biggest fright was as a teenager. This girl told me 2 words. "I'm late"

Blood and DrDaliah like this.