Bus driver caught texting and driving

Discussion in 'Canadian Trucking' started by rigjockey, Oct 22, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rigjockey

rigjockey Token Canadian.

2. patriciajnsn

patriciajnsn Steering Wheel Holder

I don't text or talk on phone for that matter,how much are fines for texting while driving?

3. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member Staff Member

He had to know that a passenger reporting him was a very strong possibility. Some people just plain dumb

• Like Like x 2
  4. krelithous

krelithous Prius hater Supporter

he's an idiot i don't text unless i really have to and then with todays phones and blue tooths there voice recognition software to take some of the distractions away but not all of em. my blue tooth reads everything to me and asks me if i want to answer a call and or reject it.

5. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

I don't even have to be looking at my phone to create a text. I think people who can't do that while driving probably shouldn't be allowed to walk & chew gum at the same time either. At least with an old phone like mine, one with real, actual freakin' BUTTONS, that doesn't try to imitate a laptop.

6. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member Staff Member

True, but, don't do it in a freaking bus when there are 50 people in there that "might" turn you in. Be smart when you break the laws, Duh!

• Like Like x 2
  7. rigjockey

I can admit, I am not that talented. I can't send a text and pay attention to the road. I have not sent many texts. If the conversation involves involves more than two texts then call me.

• Like Like x 1
  8. krelithous

krelithous Prius hater Supporter

your phone has real buttons it mst be from the 18th century:D. i agree that people that don't know how to use the voice command on there phone shouldn't be aloowed to walk and schem gum at the same time. have you ever noticed when people are doing whatever on there phones that there face is burried in the dam thing :confused-96::mad::mad: they have no sence on where there going let alone on life itself

• Like Like x 1
  9. Southern Fried

Southern Fried Well-Known Member

Biggest curse in the retail industry..... woman standing in the middle of an aisle with her shopping cart and 3 kids.... all 4 with their nose pressed to a "smartphone"..... and they all glare at you if you try to reach past them to get something off a shelf.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

And they form a road-block so you can't get past them.

What is it with stupid people who stop in the middle of the grocery store aisle & leave their cart blocking everything. They're either oblivious to the fact they're not the only ones in the aisle or they're just so self-centered they don't care that they're in people's way. And women always leave their purses or a child in the cart so naturally they'd freak out if a stranger decided to move the cart to the side.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Southern Fried

Business for the (near) future....... building electronic barriers for stores, etc to block signals to and from cell phones, etc while within the building. I can also see this coming out as a "safety feature" for vehicles of all types. You wanna talk or text, stop and get out of the dang car.

12. Injun

Injun Rabid Squaw Staff Member Supporter

I don't GAF. I move the cart anyway.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

There's some kind of expensive panels they can line the interior walls of restaurants with that block cell phone signals. They have them in Japan, but they're still illegal here in the USA. Technically it's interfering with radio signals or something, and the cell phone carriers can sue or something. But I bet the real reason they're illegal is because the evil commie feds like to know where everyone's at at all times.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Southern Fried

Seems to me, and I'm not sure now mind, that an old electrician type told me that back in the early cold war days they used to de-bug govt buildings and such by making a big loop around the top with heavy cable and running a set amount of power through it. This set up a radio pulse wave that effectively blocked radio signals into and out of the building. Legit signals entered from a remote "antenna farm".

Remember, this was before the communication satellites and such. But it just might work with the phones.

15. THBatMan8

THBatMan8 Well-Known Member

True, but that voice recognition technology makes your grammar look like a 5-year-olds.

16. rebel

rebel Well known, by a few Supporter

I'm pretty sure the technology exists, is fairly low tech and in use today......at least in the local Dollar General. I remember the first time I tried to call my wife from inside the store to ask her what she sent me for, lol.
    No signal. Walk outside the door, signal great. I've checked it many times.....and also remember to ask her anything BEFORE I go inside!

• Like Like x 2
  17. rigjockey

They should be using that in movie theaters. Not that i have been to a theater in years and also they should have that within ten feet of the cashier in anyplace. i can't believe how rude some people can be, The person is trying to take your order or what have you and some people can only give them part of their attention? Not to mention all the people in line behind the douche.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Skateboard

Skateboard ** Commie Express ** Supporter

Lol....You type in "I bumped into your brother the other day" and you get "I humped your mother in the hay"

• Like Like x 5
  19. rigjockey

My former dispatcher had a bit of an accent. So when she left a message the voice recognition thing would convert it into a text. I would get some messed up messages. I would call my voice mail and it was not much better. Then i would have to phone her to find out what she was talking about.

She is one person I wish knew the phonetic alphabet, Getting load info was tough. LOL. We got through it.

20. rebel

rebel Well known, by a few Supporter

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.