Brokers need to get a clue......

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Left the shipper Friday at noon. About a 2900 mile weekend run. With the weather coming in, I called the 1st receiver. Wanted to know when to expect to arrive with the pending storm hitting them. I'm still 1000 miles out.

Receiver.....

"Broker called this morning telling us to expect a truck before noon today. He left here on Saturday."

How many loads you expecting?

"Just yours".

Gotcha.

What the hell do these brokers think with stories like that?

Maybe with a team it could have been done.

Screenshot_20170313-082735.png

Rodger

Left the shipper Friday at noon. About a 2900 mile weekend run. With the weather coming in, I called the 1st receiver. Wanted to know when to expect to arrive with the pending storm hitting them. I'm still 1000 miles out.

Receiver.....

"Broker called this morning telling us to expect a truck before noon today. He left here on Saturday."

How many loads you expecting?

"Just yours".

Gotcha.

What the hell do these brokers think with stories like that?

Maybe with a team it could have been done.

View attachment 39307
Just another desk jockey that does not know the trucking industry or how it works.

Hell it's only 6 inches on the map!

can't lump all brokers like that.....just like not all drivers are morons....just saying

I been a broker for years, and I look at my days work, thru the eyes of the drivers I deal with, and have good relationship with the drivers I deal with. Some of the carriers dispatchers....thats another story. Some of those people act like they never held a job in their life.

Rodger

can't lump all brokers like that.....just like not all drivers are morons....just saying

I been a broker for years, and I look at my days work, thru the eyes of the drivers I deal with, and have good relationship with the drivers I deal with. Some of the carriers dispatchers....thats another story. Some of those people act like they never held a job in their life.
Very well said.
I've worked with a lot of brokers over the years some good some bad. The constant pissing and moaning you hear about brokers is mainly from drivers that don't understand that side of the industry. I am very fortunate, for I now work with only one broker on a continuous basis and he knows trucking inside and out. He is a good businessman and more than fair to me and my business.

Very well said.
I've worked with a lot of brokers over the years some good some bad. The constant pissing and moaning you hear about brokers is mainly from drivers that don't understand that side of the industry. I am very fortunate, for I now work with only one broker on a continuous basis and he knows trucking inside and out. He is a good businessman and more than fair to me and my business.

Thanks Rodger.....with that said, being a broker, I am thinking about side stepping, and becoming an independent dispatcher. While I do enjoy the job, just not the company, and I think I would be better working for the drivers, than 1 company and limited loads. I have been doing this long enough to know what drivers need. So I am searching for owner ops, and small companies that could use my services to keep the drivers moving.