Bluebird (Marten) Gives Drivers a Nice Bump

Discussion in 'Marten Transport' started by 2xR, Mar 3, 2011.

1. 2xR

2xR ******* Derelict ******* Supporter

Nice... When one carrier increase their compensation package, the others will follow.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove this ad.
  3. Sinister

Sinister Well-Known Member Supporter

Not really. Remember the mid 90's when JB was bragging about .41 cpm at hire depending upon experience? I don't know many carriers that could fall right in line with that, and do it without a million snags...

4. 2xR

2xR ******* Derelict ******* Supporter

Yup... I don't expect the other carriers to be scrambling to one-up Bluebird, but, at least there is some movement in the right direction.

5. rigjockey

rigjockey Damned Fernour! Staff Member

Step in the right direction yes.I'll know we are back where we should be when we earn a proper wage and the old head-hunters are standing in front of truck stops again promising drivers the moon and the stars.

6. Sinister

Sinister Well-Known Member Supporter

That always made me insane. I couldn't walk into a TA without being accosted by a JB recruiter. I made the mistake of talking to them once. They didn't stop calling for about 3 months, and what they were offering was worse than the deal I had.

Still, the wage thing does have it's promise.

7. Keendriver

Keendriver Hates all of you Supporter

We got a bit of a raise here about a month ago.Mileage guys got a couple of cents I believe and we got our d/h starting point lowered on %.Now only the first 300 is free.
    Locals got a nice bump......really nice in some cases.Ah, to be local again..........

Maybe some light at the end O' the tunnel?(fingers crossed)

8. Late For Supper

Late For Supper New Member

Nice to see a company giving a pay raise. They even cut pay here at the company I'm with and their pay is considered far above the industry average. I agree about being accosted by the J.B. recruiters. Some of them got down right ignorant when you told them you weren't interested.