Trucking News: Baton Rouge: Trucker Robbed, Shot

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry News' started by Injun, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Injun

Injun Rabid Squaw Staff Member Supporter

Tennessee truck driver shot to death in Baton Rouge just doing job he loved, father says

A Tennessee truck driver repairing a tire on his 18-wheeler Tuesday while waiting to offload a delivery at a Florida Boulevard warehouse was robbed and then fatally shot, police said.

Keith Odom, 49, of Jonesborough, Tennessee, was shot about 8 a.m. while making the repair in the parking lot of the Longbow shopping center in the 12300 block of Florida Boulevard. He was waiting to make a delivery to Barton’s Surplus Warehouse. He died later in a hospital, said Sgt. Don Coppola, a Baton Rouge police spokesman.

2. rigjockey

rigjockey Token Canadian.

I never understood the shooting someone after they were robbed. Most people would not even bother to report it, so buddy got away with a few bucks, moving on.
    Or the cops get a description and never really follow it up or find the robber.
    No need to kill a man over a few bucks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Keendriver

Keendriver Hates all of you Supporter

Complete strangers look at me like I'm the biggest prink in the world due to my defensive demeanor when approached....this is why.

Or maybe I am the biggest.......

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member Staff Member

First of all....... You are.

Second, I get the same looks quite often. In bad areas, people probably wondering why I am looking at them long before they get near me. Makes them think twice about approaching.

• Like Like x 1
  5. rigjockey

Ya' I got the wide stance and walk with a purpose, be aware of you surroundings thing happening.
    But, When buddy pulls a gun on you, Not much you can do.:dunno:

Here take the wallet and this never happened.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Supporter

That is why they hunt prey like they do. Go hard and fast. Get inside the kill range where it gets personal. You squirt the first ones grey matter all over his buddies with a FUBAR they will scatter. I always kind of figure they are going to kill me anyways. Might as well go out in battle if I have to go.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Supporter

RIP Driver.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. dave350

dave350 Well-Known Member

Up until this post when I saw you say "buddy" I thought you were talking about a friend of yours. I thought you worked and hung out with a guy named Buddy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. rigjockey

:rolllaugh:
    Buddy is like fuggetabout it.

Buddy could be your buddy or your enemy or that guy over there or just some guy that you were talking to. It can be anybuddy :D
    It is all in the way you say it.:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 3
  10. Bored Insane

Bored Insane Well-Known Member

LA is not the only place, I'm sure. I was told by another driver to watch what I'm wearing when dropping load off. I like to wear a hood. Supposedly this can be offensive to some gangs in the area. In winter times, I have full face mask with the hood (in summer times too). I don't have a firearm with me, but I do have my Karambit.

11. (((ME)))

(((ME))) Well-Known Member

Know I read cold as a ice cube in this post....But this coward killer of this trucker going to try on the wrong guy/gal and karma going to come home 10 fold....RIP Trucker justice is sometimes served in some very strange ways.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Brian Junior

Brian Junior Well-Known Member

That is the point why i have a colt in my truck

13. ready to roll

ready to roll I ain't got no panties

Yeah, me too. Im one bad son of gun always lookin' to open up a can of whoop azz.

14. Bored Insane

Bored Insane Well-Known Member

Maybe you are the 1 in 500 or so trucker that is still in shape that I can see. Otherwise you'd probably want a tool with you.

15. ready to roll

If there smaller then me im a bad azz. Otherwise i put tail between legs.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. (((ME)))

I am not all that old yet....But heard lot of stories when I was a french fry. Back in the day when horses and stage coaches were a hot item and mail and passengers were traveling. The driver had a shot gun rider. Even in those days there were robberies and hijackers.

I think there will come a time when transportation dept will have to put in regulations that drivers be required to carry guns. They already trying to make truckers into cops over the human trafficking. I am already sure truckers are not safe in the environments they required to travel into.

17. (((ME)))

Oh don't let small fool you....Some of those small ones are meaner than a junk yard rats...and can bite like a rattle snake. What happens when you get pinned in no where to tuck tail to run....

18. ready to roll

I run from everyone.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. (((ME)))

Now I know why you are named ready to roll....;)

• Like Like x 1
  20. ready to roll

Yeah, ready to roll outta there so dont get azz kicked.

• Like Like x 1