Arthritis.....

Discussion in 'Truckers Health With Dr. Daliah' started by Southern Fried, Dec 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Southern Fried

Southern Fried Well-Known Member

Barbara has recently developed arthritis in her left hip and I'm at a loss as to what to do to help her. It's not rheumatoid, we're sure of that.

Anyways, it's very painful and it tears my heart out to see her hurt. Been to doctor and chiro. Same old "exercises" and hydrocodone. She's "allowed" 3 of those per day, but mostly takes just one getting up when the pain is worst. They're slow acting and she suffers for an hour or two until the meds kick in enough to allow her to move "freely". Sometimes adding an Advil helps.... or not.

I've spent hours roaming the search engines, but they just keep referring me to "clinics" wanting thousands of dollars for their "miracle program", doctors who want more thousands for theirs, or dozens of "pharmas" who have pages full of "This is why our competitors pill doesn't work so you should buy ours." Of course there's also the "nutbar" You should eat grass types.

I'm afraid that like Cancer Research there are a ton of "folks" out there making a damn fine living off other people's pain. Effective treatment/cure need not apply.

Any suggestions on how I can help my Angel are welcome. Except for WD-40, I know that one doesn't work. Haven't had a decent night's sleep in I don't remember how long and my health is failing too.
    Thanks.

2. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Supporter

Dad was using one of those rubs. Blue-emu maybe?

He had one hip replacement but would never do the physical therapy to get it good enough to replace the other joint. Seemed to help in the winter.

• Like Like x 1
  3. GAnthony

GAnthony Well-Known Member

i have a bit of that arthuritis as well. i use Tiger Balm.....small glass bottle, and smells, but oh so good. another ointment i heard of, but never bought, is Zostrich(??) MORE expensive but from someone i do know that uses it, swears by it.

i often think that over time, shots of cortisone(??) only eventually lead to organ failures. my dad had to have several blood tests, to determine if his already weakened kidneys can still tolerate some of the meds the doctor wanted to put him on.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member Staff Member

keto diet ;) It's helped many with this.

• Like Like x 1
  5. mndriver

mndriver curmudgeon extraordinare Staff Member Supporter

Got it in my wrist and knee cap.

Keep them warm. Wrist is getting steroid injections.

• Like Like x 1
  6. (((ME)))

(((ME))) Well-Known Member

I could tell you about this time tested natural helper and know it does work....People out here use them all the time....But instead of telling you all it about it I post this....and hope you shall try it and remember cherries can not harm you as they are a food product. In our kitchens there is a whole medicine cabinet.
    Home Remedies for Arthritis- The Real Truth About Cherries

• Like Like x 1
  7. Southern Fried

Keto????? Wuzzat???

Incidentally, we were discussing things and it occurred to me that prior to "the flood" that she had no indication of this atall. We had to wade water a couple of times and that stuff was full of pollution. Wonder if we're dealing with some kind of infection absorbed through the skin???

• Like Like x 1
  8. GAnthony

she will have to speak with her doctor regarding any possible absorption. i would think that if (say) she fell while walking and took in some water through her mouth, nose, or ears, maybe even the eye's , or maybe an open (even if bandaged) cut, an infection "might occur".

as MN Driver said, keep it warm. i too find cooler and damp weather makes my arthritis kick up a bit.

the worst of it i have is my right knee, and that is from my wrenching days, when i had to set up the lift, under the cars, damn concrete floors were always cold, winter being worse. but some Tiger Balm,and i'm good to go.

also, you have at least 2 choices of heating pads, dry and , moist. i have both, and however i feel is what i'll use.

9. gearjammer

gearjammer jammer Staff Member Supporter

the cherry thing I have known about for years ever since I had to have both of my hips replaced and I know for a fact it works but IMHO it is the sour cherries that really work the sour cherry tree that I always got my cherries from was cut down a few years ago and it wasnt' long that I started having a lot of pain, BTW I never realized it but sour cherry trees are not as abundant as they were once upon a time sad to say, and the sweet ones do not do me as much good.

10. Blood

Blood Driveler Emeritus Supporter

I've read that poke berries help a lot.
    Poke Sallat is a common plant regarded as a weed.
    Some of the anecdotal information I read claims that harvesting the berries [probably about this time of year where you are] and freezing them to consume one or two daily keeps the demons at bay.

Poke is toxic when the veins in the leaves are red and the berries are toxic as well so buyer beware...
    in all things, moderation.

I'd be surprised if Miss Barb never heard of this.
    I hope she gets some relief.

@(((ME))) ,
    have you heard of this before?
    Just curious.

upload_2016-12-2_13-11-51.jpeg

11. (((ME)))

Animals will not even eat of it so what does that tell you....Be very careful of it should you decided to use it is my advice. Toxic veins are red!!!!

12. Blood

How do you know arthritic animals won't eat it?
    ;)

My mom grew up dirt poor and used to talk about picking poke by the gunny sack full as a kid.
    Of course that was in early spring when the plants were young.
    She said it was the first fresh greens they had every spring.

You've heard of Poke Sallat Annie, right?
    :D

• Like Like x 1
  13. (((ME)))

YEA (((ME))) KNOWS....;)

14. Injun

Injun Rabid Squaw Staff Member Supporter

Glocosamine/chondroitin (sp?) and get a heating pad.

15. rigjockey

rigjockey Token Canadian.

That is what they have diagnosed my shoulder pain as being Arthritic . So this thread is of interest to me .
    I couldn't believe it when they said arthritis . I am almost 40 and have arthritis ? Yes, 43 is almost 40:D

• Like Like x 1
  16. Blood

I have a PIA.
    They diagnosed it as Rigjockeyitis.
    :stare1:

:D

• Like Like x 2
  17. Southern Fried

Barbara is feeling much better today, we're watching the Saint's game. First day in awhile she woke up without extreme pain.

• Like Like x 2
  18. DrDaliah

DrDaliah Well-Known Member Supporter

Did they try injections? Is she a candidate for hip replacement? so sorry to hear she's suffering.

19. Southern Fried

Appreciate it Doc. She's had so many steroid shots over the past years that it's a wonder she's not bulked up like Big Show due to foot probs, etc (5 foot surgeries on her right foot alone). She has an artificial joint in her foot that has caused her no end of misery. Our landlady has 3 artificial joints (knees and 1 hip) and is severely crippled. Barb says no damn way.

Having good results with alternating Biofreeze and heat pad. Today was pretty good.

• Like Like x 2
  20. GAnthony

i gotta wonder about the continued use of steroids..i mean if i recall, doesn't the actor/comedian Jerry Lewis take some sort of injections for his never ending pains..?? if so, look at how he has ballooned over the years.
    a decades-long history of heart disease. Prednisone[43] treatment in the late 1990s for pulmonary fibrosis resulted in weight gain and a noticeable change in his appearance.
    Jerry Lewis - Wikipedia

look at actress Kathleen Turner, she too is a balloon....."As the disease worsened and the medication greatly altered Turner's looks,"
    Kathleen Turner - Wikipedia

i just have to wonder what other internal damages are done to our organs from the use of steroids, i mean look at some sports stars, wrestlers that have died for the use as well....

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.