ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION SWIFT?

Discussion in 'Swift Transportation' started by new wife of trucker, Oct 30, 2015.

1. new wife of trucker

new wife of trucker New Member

My husband, works hard and is honest and a good man, as the next guy. He requested weeks ago to come home this weekend to take our grandchildren trick treating. Well it looks like that's not going to happen. Swift planners, drivers managers what ever you want to call these incompetent individuals have him sitting for 33 hours in Iowa waiting on a load to be ready. Knowing there were other loads that could have been swapped out without much problem.
    Wait Swift.....it gets better. He is freezing cold in his truck because the heater isn't working properly and he has no TV reception. THIRTY THREE HOURS ......What the f$#* is wrong with you people? You are assholes. I would like to put you in a freezing cold truck for 33 hours and see what you think.
    He won't be making it home for the festivities, but we are used to this. Not to mention the money he is not being paid. He will be leaving this company.
    So Swift I plan on making it my special mission to bash you and your name every chance I get. YOU ARE THE WORST TRUCKING COMPANY IN THE US. BEWARE DRIVERS STAY AWAY FROM SWIFT.
    This company is so big and no one can make a decision when it comes to helping the drivers. Drivers sit on hold when calling in for help. They are on hold for hours sometimes, just to talk to a rep what their issue is. Then it could take an hour or more until they actually get any help. LET ME REPEAT THIS....WAITING ON THE PHONE FOR HOURS TO GET SOMEONE TO ANSWER THE PHONE WHEN A DRIVER NEEDS HELP.
    Who does that? What kind of company treats their drivers like that? Swift does!

2. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

Swift is actually far from the worst, according to what I've read from their drivers on here.

That's not an endorsement for Swift, I'm simply saying that there's worse. Way worse.

CR England happens to be the worst (large) trucking company in most opinions.

• Like Like x 1
  3. vaportrail

vaportrail Well-Known Member

you just had to go there sqweeky what a richard

• Like Like x 1
  4. rigjockey

rigjockey Token Canadian.

@new wife of trucker If everything you posted is true, I would be looking for another employer. I don't tolerate crap like that.
    I would send a QC message saying I need to get the heat fixed or I am driving this SOB back to my terminal empty. That is not a threat, It is a promise,

• Like Like x 1
  5. KJM

KJM Member

I agree, no way I would sit and wait. I would tell them to get me a load now or I'm going home.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Injun

Injun Rabid Squaw Staff Member Supporter

Well. The TV reception isn't Swift's fault.

If Swift treated me this way, I'd be looking elsewhere, too. I'd like to see a full picture of what's going on. Could be he's at a crappy terminal. Could be nobody showed him the right way to set his hometime counter. Could be he's refusing loads for whatever reason (which would explain the crappy paychecks).

Keep us posted on where he goes and how it's workiin' out for ya'.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Supporter

Some times a driver let's a company slide a couple times, then their handlers (DM,FM, DOUCHEPICKLE, COORDINATOR, (insert cutesy title here)) think they can push them whenever. Or if a driver is in the bottom half of productivity they figure who cares if they quit. Me I just tell them where their truck is going to be sitting while I go home when I told them I was.

I for one do not drive for free. If my check is not correct the truck stops until it is. I do not care if I am loaded or not.
    TV reception like @Injun said is not their problem.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Blood

Blood Driveler Emeritus Supporter

My moment came a week after delivering a 'shag' (how apropos) load for Werner to AT&T right off Canal Street in downtown Chicago behind the Opera house.
    Shorewood, Il to downtown...
    when I popped the seal and gazed upon a pickup load of office chairs after nosing up a one-way street and dog-legging down the alley to a blind-side, inside dock with about 300 taxi's blasting their horns at me...
    I was thinking...
    thirty-five dollars? YOU GOTTA BE ****TING ME!!??
    :mad:

I delivered in Bufu, Il (don't recall the burg) and night shift home-fries dispatches me on a load like the one above.
    OK says I...
    $300.

HUH!?

$300

It's a shuttle.
    I can't authorize more than shuttle pay.

It's half-day of B/S for fuel money.
    It's a FAVOR that I don't even want to do.
    $300, or haul it yourself.

If you refuse this load I will write you up.

o_O

[OH, MF'R!! GAME ON!!]
    I don't give a fat rat sass what you write or who to...
    by the time anybody who's anybody reads it, this tuckin fruck will be sitting in Kansas city [future home of the 2015 World's Series champs ;)]
    and your decals will be in the mail!!
    :mad:
    ONLY THING I NEED FROM YOU IS A DROP LOCATION FOR YOUR TRAILER FOR WHICH YOU WILL AUTHORIZE THE PAY...
    IN WRITING!!
    OTHERWISE I WILL DROP IT RIGHT HERE!!
    YOU HAVE TEN MINUTES BEFORE I LEAVE FOR HOME!!

[5 minutes later]
    Hey buddy...
    I don't have a load for you right now...
    but if you hang tight you'll be first up in the morning.

:)

OK then...
    have a pleasant evening home-fries.
    :thefinger:

• Like Like x 4
  9. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Supporter

Barr-Nunn on a Fed Ex load. Told Brad I needed a relay to makes Brat first concert. Never got one stopped and went to concert with phone blowing up back in the truck. 2 hours late on load.......Brad was all " You should have said something I could have relayed it" funny 6 hours ago you had no trucks in The entire state of Tennessee but me. By the way this is my week notice your truck will be in Charlotte next week for a new driver to play with you folks....

All weekend offers of money, apologies, and a load to Grainger Ia. Next Friday the truck was in Charlotte ;)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Bored Insane

Bored Insane Well-Known Member

Well, actually I totally agree with the OP and I believe it happened to them, it happens to me every week. I deal with this as I am Swift company driver. :rolleyes: But I have my heater working, if it wasn't I say screw the idle thing and run the motor 24/7.
    I'd like to leave as well, but I'll stay for experience and like @Duck says, it could be worse. I've heard other drivers that came to Swift talk about his past employer. Not good stories.

I have other complaints as well with Swift, but you get screwed no matter what you do or where you go:whip:.