Apple slows down older iPhones to sell newer models

Duck

Quack
Supporter
It's funny to see everyone who owns an apple product coming out of the closet. :biglaugh:

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Staff member
Supporter
And???

I highly doubt Apple "derated" anything. What you're seeing is most likely the difference between better hardware in the newer version of the iPhone, which is required to run an OS the older versions struggle to support.
Then please explain the relevance of your analogy as it pertains to the subject of this thread.

ironpony

Supporter
The original post is bullshit. Can your 1980s PC-XT run the latest version of Windows? No.

Can your 1980s Apple II run the latest version of that crap Apple calls an OS? No.

All the whiners are complaining about an alleged plot by Apple to "force" them to buy new crap Apple products because said technology company is "slowing down" their old crap products to make them appear inferior to their new crap products.

Total Bullshit.

Everything Apple makes is crap to begin with. Their newer **** just runs faster than their old ****! Just proves they should have called the iPhone X, X-Lax Plus!

Duck

Quack
Supporter
The original post is bullshit. Can your 1980s PC-XT run the latest version of Windows? No.

Can your 1980s Apple II run the latest version of that crap Apple calls an OS? No.

All the whiners are complaining about an alleged plot by Apple to "force" them to buy new crap Apple products because said technology company is "slowing down" their old crap products to make them appear inferior to their new crap products.

Total Bullshit.

Everything Apple makes is crap to begin with. Their newer **** just runs faster than their old ****! Just proves they should have called the iPhone X, X-Lax Plus!
Unless Apple haters are using bots to cause those spikes in queries for "iPhone slow" and to coincide with the release of new models, your claim that it's bullshit is, well,... bullshit.

Or without merit, I should say. (but won't because I prefer my more abrasive term. ;) )

ironpony

Supporter
It's called viewing an old turd, and expecting it to perform as well as a young turd.

You ought ta know all about this by now ol' man!

Duck

Quack
Supporter
It's called viewing an old turd, and expecting it to perform as well as a young turd.

You ought ta know all about this by now ol' man!
It's not that they're gradually getting slower over time. It's a sudden change right when the new one is released, according to the search query trend data.

Why do you insist on disagreeing with everyone, all the time? It's like you're trying to be a pain in the ass on purpose.

ironpony

Supporter
It's not that they're gradually getting slower over time. It's a sudden change right when the new one is released, according to the search query trend data.

Why do you insist on disagreeing with everyone, all the time? It's like you're trying to be a pain in the ass on purpose.
:)

Chewbacca

May be nothing, but the wife's iPhone 6 started mysteriously acting up within the last week, to the point she had to replace it Saturday and got the 8. Conspiracy theory??? :stirpot2:

krelithous

Supporter
It's funny to see everyone who owns an apple product coming out of the closet. :biglaugh:
i wonder how many idiots bought into the iphone 10. IOS is a death by a 1000 cuts. the iphone 10 is the biggest POS that apple has ever built!!! sure it has fast charging but it don't come with that adaptor there gonna screw you out of more $$$. not to mention the IOS isn't eve optimized to work with the device:rolllaugh3:try using a good pice of hardware with poor software!!!

Last edited:

Duck

Quack
Supporter
i wonder how many idiots bought into the iphone 10. IOS is a death by a 1000 cuts. the iphone 10 is the biggest POS that apple has ever built!!! sure it has fast charging but it don't come with that adaptor there gonna screw you out of more $$$. not to mention the IOS isn't eve optimized to work with the device:rolllaugh3:try using a good pice of hardware with poor software!!!