Any Truckstops In/Near Corpus Christi TX

Discussion in 'Truck Stop Reviews and Discussion' started by BirchBarlow, May 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BirchBarlow

BirchBarlow I hate KW 680s

I got a delivery Saturday morning in Corpus Christi but I never been there so not familiar with that part of Texas...

Anyone know of a Truck Stop near Corpus Christi or should I just kick it at the New Caney Flying J outside of Houston and drive it in

2. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

If you have a smart phone, get the trucker path app.

Here's a screenshot of corpse Christy

Screenshot_2016-05-27-01-50-50.png

Sinister and BirchBarlow like this.
  3. ironpony

ironpony Well-Known Member Supporter

I37 x3 Corpus Christy T/S

BirchBarlow and Injun like this.
  4. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Supporter

Irma Travel Center on US 77 if your delivering on the north end of town, or down towards Bishop.

BirchBarlow and Injun like this.
  5. patriciajnsn

patriciajnsn Steering Wheel Holder

Heres a brilliant idea,i'll just bet if you buy a pocket size truck stop book,you'll find a truckstop there.

BirchBarlow likes this.
  6. AK7

AK7 Well-Known Member

He had one,but it was in the bag he crapped in and threw out the window.

Sinister, Inkeper and patriciajnsn like this.
  7. patriciajnsn

you're bad,lol

8. BirchBarlow

Actually I'm looking for "suggestions" ...ya see with this holiday I'm probably gonna be Stuck sitting a few days so I want something "More" than an "Overglorified" Mini-Mart that sells Truck diesel..

I mean a Real TruckStop with Shower and Laundry AND hopefully Good Eats or a nice BBQ Joint across the street....something like that

Okay @patriciajnsn maybe I should've put GOOD or Decent TruckStop in the title

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
  9. BirchBarlow

You are getting about as BORING as @ironpony with CRAP Bags but ATLEAST @Injun put your sorry butt in its place on the FlatBedder pic even if only that she was FIRST with that and wanted the whole forum to know it

10. patriciajnsn

You have access to a computer,google truckstops nears Corpus ChristyThats what I use to do when looking for a nice hotel when I was OTR.

Injun likes this.
  11. BirchBarlow

Don't need a Motel ...not for what they charge these days ...heck even Motel 6 wants SIXTY Bucks A night now...East Coast it's NINETY and for WHAT...their Basic BASIC Cable...Lumby Pillows, Dirty Carpets...
    I had some APP years ago when they first came out but I found it absolutely "useless" like most Apps...

Generally I stay in the Midwest or if down 2 Texas its usually the SAME Places I've been Already "countless" times...

This Corpus Christi though threw me for a loop....

In Texas I know like I-35 DFW and Laredo and I've had loads in Houston a couple times so I know places around there or an hour out of houston...

Otherwise Texas is a HUGE STATE bigger than many countries i mean Entire NATIONS and well I ain't even seen very much of it yet

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
  12. Inkeper

Inkeper Well-Known Member

She didn't suggest that you google motels, she said google truckstops near Corpus Christi.

Injun, patriciajnsn and BirchBarlow like this.
  13. BirchBarlow

where do I start here @Inkeper..

Okay

Google is a WASH BASIN.....

Unless ya can be "precisely" SPECIFIC ya get a bunch of BULL CRAP...

Ya see this is the PROBLEM with SOCIETY 2Day....

With your freaking SMART-PHONES ya people FORGET about "Word Of Mouth" ...

Nope don't ask anybody for a recommendation why GOSH they'll just say GOOGLE ..

Then again most people today Eat Junk Food and got Ear Buds or a Borg Implant Headset

14. patriciajnsn

You must have crappin in bags on the brain.Reread that post you quoted me.Also don't give me that smartphone jazz.I use my phone 95% of the time to surf the net.Right now i'm using wify but most the time I use my phone.

15. ironpony

The only not-mom-and-pop I see near Corpus is a Loves, Kingsville TX on US 77 about 33 mi SW.

Injun likes this.
  16. Duck

Duck Quack Supporter

:roflmao:

Inkeper and Injun like this.
  17. Southern Fried

Southern Fried Well-Known Member

There are several on 59/77 out of Houston. A decent T/A in Gonado, a passable Love's in Edna, a couple of smaller places inRefugio and a passable off-brand in Robstown (just a step out of Corpus on 77). Been awhile since I was down that way and that's all I can think of off-hand.

Injun and ironpony like this.
  18. ironpony

These are 100+ miles out from Corpus...

19. Southern Fried

Southern Fried Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know. Just listing off what I've used/seen delivering to Bishop and Brownsville. That's a fairly heavy used route and the smaller ones fill up pretty quick. I know there are more further down towards Bville but same prob. I don't deliver Corpus cause we have a terminal there and they do those loads.

20. Geranimojess

Geranimojess Well-Known Member

:rolllaugh3:And I was thinking of asking for a few recommended Hotels/Motels when I get to the US...I never came across such a variation of answers to a simple question...:rolllaugh:

Injun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.