2012 FL Cascadia Air Pressure/ Transmission issue

ironpony

Supporter
Preventive maintenance.

Why change your engine oil? The engine is running just fine with the old stuff, right? o_O

Right? :rolleyes:

;)
If its not causing a problem, there's no reason to mess with it. Breaking the seal on an environmental plug is a way to start problems.

ironpony

Supporter
Tearing your electrical system apart to smear dielectric grease all over everything is so stinkin' 90's.

The connections that need it are the ones that you're breaking into all the time... headlights, tail lights, battery connections. Everything else is best left alone. Connector technology has evolved to eliminate many of the problems we used to have.

You'll cause more problems than you'll prevent by needlessly opening them up.

Duck

Quack
Supporter
Tearing your electrical system apart to smear dielectric grease all over everything is so stinkin' 90's.

The connections that need it are the ones that you're breaking into all the time... headlights, tail lights, battery connections. Everything else is best left alone. Connector technology has evolved to eliminate many of the problems we used to have.

You'll cause more problems than you'll prevent by needlessly opening them up.
WRONG. :tongueout:

Duck

Quack
Supporter
Actually, IP is right on this one. With those sealed plugs, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it'd make you feel better, snear some silicon sealant around the outside of the plug to keep it sealed, but otherwise, leave it be
I've pulled those things apart and seen corrosion. Obviously they're not sealed up like the pony thinks they are. It was the cause of a speed sensor not working on a 2 year old Volvo I had once.

ironpony

Supporter
I've pulled those things apart and seen corrosion. Obviously they're not sealed up like the pony thinks they are. It was the cause of a speed sensor not working on a 2 year old Volvo I had once.
I think that explains it entirely. :D

Eurotrash POS.

Rigjockey

Supporter
I think that explains it entirely. :D

Eurotrash POS.
I thought Volvos were made in America as per the sticker on the window.
You really don't want manufacturing jobs. you won't support them and you won't buy them.

ironpony

Supporter
I thought Volvos were made in America as per the sticker on the window.
You really don't want manufacturing jobs. you won't support them and you won't buy them.
There's no law preventing loser Eurotrash manufacturers from assembling their substandard crap in this country. Doesn't mean I have to waste my money on it.

Bored Insane

This thread has gone awry again, but meanwhile I still have transmission issue. I've been to two different shops now, one being Freightliner dealership. I think I got the solution, but no one has yet to solve the problem. I'm going to take it to a shop that seems to know the fix. Unfortunately, it's Friday and they don't open during weekend. It's times like this I wish I just get a desk job...