Trucking News: Wrong turn trucker company owner in deep stuff

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry News' started by Ragged Rooster, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Ragged Rooster

Ragged Rooster Banned

It's about time they got this guy!

The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration ordered Texas-based Denny Mekenye, doing business as Demco Express and/or Demco Trans, Inc., to immediately cease all transportation services based on serious safety violations that posed an imminent hazard to public safety. Demco is the employer of Jabin Bogan, the 27-year-old being held in Mexico on charges of arms smuggling after crossing into Juarez with a load of surplus ammunition destined for Phoenix.
    FMCSA shut down Demco following an extensive review of the company’s operations that uncovered multiple federal safety violations in the areas of drivers’ hours-of-service compliance, driver qualifications, and drug testing requirements.
    “We will not let trucking companies that put motorists at risk operate on our nation’s roadways. Safety must come first,” said U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood.
    Safety investigators found a range of safety infractions that substantially increased the likelihood of serious injury to the traveling public. For example, investigators discovered that the company falsified drivers’ records of duty status; allowed its drivers to operate with commercial driver’s licenses that had been suspended, revoked, or disqualified; and did not conduct proper controlled substances testing of its drivers. In addition, within the last 12 months, 10 of Demco’s drivers have been placed out of service for not being licensed to drive.
  2. Cerberus

Cerberus In God We Trust

WOW that was a real top notch company.
  3. DubbleD

DubbleD Cheef Editer Supporter

How's that song go??...... "...walked right through that restraining order and put 'er in intensive care"....

Next week there'll be a new comp outta Texas.......juss sayin'
  4. Ragged Rooster

Ragged Rooster Banned

When this story first broke I went and checked on DEMCOs safety score. It was the WORST I have ever seen. I still wonder how he stayed in business and how anyone would be stupid enough to ship a load of ammo that big with someone who was that far in trouble with FMCSA.
  5. Duck

Duck .

Media:
    Albums:
    I still think it was "Fast & Furious Part II". A false-flag attack meant to make it look like our liberties and freedom is causing violence in Mexico, and while they're at it, let's let Ray Lahood score some brownie points with the patsy trucking company.
  6. Ragged Rooster

Ragged Rooster Banned

Like you, I think the whole thing was set up. I've been down there before and there are plenty of places to turn around.

Just my opinion...
  7. Duck

Duck .

Media:
    Albums:
    The driver of that truck was probably some kind of naive patsy like Lee Harvey Oswald, Jack Ruby, or the underwear bomber.

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets killed in that mexican jail to keep him from talking.
  8. Racer X 69

Racer X 69 Member

And what about the load of ammunition? As corrupt as the government is down there it wouldn't surprise me to read that it wound up in the wrong hands.
  9. nightriderlisa

nightriderlisa Active Member

If it were me, and I made a wrong turn and actually went up to the border gate, I would stop my truck and set my brakes. They could direct and assist me to turn around, call a tow truck, or whatever they wanted to do to me, in the United States. Everybody knows that once you cross that line it is a whole new game...
  10. Duck

Duck .

Media:
    Albums:
    Exactly.

There's something fishy going on with that whole incident. Nobody could really be that stupid. And it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Eric Holder was somehow involved. Fast & Furious Part 2.
  11. SweetDaddy

SweetDaddy Well-Known Member

The ammo dissappeared withn like 72hrs. Of being seized

Heard it ATN or Landline show
  12. Duck

Duck .

Media:
    Albums:
    Not the slightest bit surprising.