1. For those of you who were unaware, Dr. Daliah Wachs is a member of our community who donates tons of time here with her expert medical advice (and some humor as well....)

Dr. Daliah is currently raising money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society to help save kids with blood cancer. See the link below for more information, and for our current members, a $15 donation will also give you a 1 year supporting membership upgrade to our forum. Click the link below for more information:

$5 To Save A Life

Stevens Transport

Discussion in 'Stevens Transport' started by crepelletier, Jan 7, 2011.

1. crepelletier

crepelletier New Member

Without any complaints can someone tell me what the average company driver makes with Stevens Transport being their first year.

Thanks
  2. cajuntrucker59

cajuntrucker59 Well Known Smart Azz

zero!.....nothing!........nada!.....nuttin honey!......zip!
  3. Sinister

Sinister Well-Known Member Staff Member

Very helpful. Thank you.
  4. snowflake

snowflake Ow ya goin'

which translates TEAM: 50%
    SOLO: 100%
    now that we have that cleared up I think the gist is that after you have done the research here on the forum posts you will find that past experiences have not always lived up to what the recruiters promote...choose your path carefully a hasty bounce could cost you a driving career
  5. patriciajnsn

patriciajnsn Steering Wheel Holder Supporter

Whether with Stevens or any other starter company they're all about the same,you'll make around 25 to 30 k the first yr.The miles just are'nt there for many of these big companies.They hire more drivers then freight.Even with experience the drivers are'nt making the money like they should.
  6. cajuntrucker59

cajuntrucker59 Well Known Smart Azz

if he's going thru the stevens training program, then into the alliance lease program, he will be very lucky if he dosent owe THEM thousands of dollars after his first year. thats the most likely scenerio. and if he defies the odds and has a good year he might make 12 thousand his first year with stevens. he sure as hell wont make 25k in his first year with stevens transport. even an experinced driver is low balled to well under 30 cents a mile for the first six months with stevens. a lease driver gets just enough to pay his outrageous truck note, insurance and maintance costs and thats about it. on top of that they overload there staff with greenhorn government subsidy drivers (stevens transports main source of income) and you do alot of sitting. miss snowflake is correct when she sez check out all options before you make a hasty choice! good luck to ya! if you go with stevens your gonna need it!
  7. patriciajnsn

I take it you must have drove for stevens some time ago.
  8. patriciajnsn

I would'nt know the pay approximately because it's been awhile with any starter and big companies.But back in the day I drove for many starter companies,too many and never got the miles like I deserved.My pay SUCKED every paycheck.I was using my credit cards to live on and cash advances.I've cancelled them all since then and still oweing on them.It was bad back then,I can only imagine what it's like now.
  9. crepelletier

crepelletier New Member

Well Folks, thanks for the replies. Scary as hell. I Will not lease with a company that's for sure being a rookie driver.
  10. Racer X 69

Racer X 69 Member

You shouldn't lease a truck from any company.

Many people have posted many times that they get screwed when they lease to own a truck. And those that do succeed in getting through the lease program wind up owning a worn out truck.

If you want to own your own truck and lease it back to a company, get financing, buy a truck, and lease it to a company and let them make your truck payment.
  11. Black Knight

Black Knight Member

A newbee askes a question, and all he gets is how terrible this company is. If you worked for them, then where is the specifics as to where they are bad. If not then you have no info to pass on. Sorry if I sound hostile, but all I see are people talking smack about a company they never worked for nor have any specifics how they are bad. People come here for advise, and informed recomendations. Not a slew of negativity just because someone, no one knows whether he/she was ever employed there,who spews a bunch of negative comments (unsubstantiated) about a company. Or maybe they are mormon or out of Utah. Give specifics, from personal knowledge, or from someone you know and did work there.
  12. DubbleD

DubbleD Cheef Editer Supporter

I'm confident in stating in the 2 1/2 years since this thread was started, the sensitivity classes have worked and most posts now give prudent ADVICE to newbies and all attempts to ADVISE the posters query are met with sincerity for the most part.

K peesh?