1. For those of you who were unaware, Dr. Daliah Wachs is a member of our community who donates tons of time here with her expert medical advice (and some humor as well....)

Dr. Daliah is currently raising money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society to help save kids with blood cancer. See the link below for more information, and for our current members, a $15 donation will also give you a 1 year supporting membership upgrade to our forum. Click the link below for more information:

$5 To Save A Life

Romney picks running mate.......

Discussion in 'Truckers Political Forum' started by rebel, Aug 11, 2012.

1. rebel

rebel Well known, by a few Supporter

2. Duck

Duck .-.. --- ... - Staff Member

Who the hell is Paul Ryan?
  3. rebel

Hopefully, that's sarcasm, if not, it kinda proves my point, lol.........Sarah who?

He is one of the main Republican leaders in the House of Representatives.
  4. Duck

I've heard the name, but never gave enough of a crap to do any research.

He's an "R" from Wisconsin. Hopefully that means he's a union-buster.

Not that it matters though, as the Obama campaign has almost certainly got their evil minions in place to rig the election.
    gearjammer likes this.
  5. rebel

Yeah, that about sums it up.
    The Wisconsinites seem to be divided into two groups, each with the ability of seeing with only one eye.

Either unions are all bad or all good, no middle ground is even remotely possible. What is that expression? "The blind leading the blind?"
    It's only when you stop using rhetoric and start using math, that you find the real reason for the pension funds collapsing all over the country.
    The answer lies in the derivative scandal on Wall Street [criminal fraud] which the DOJ has just yesterday decided NOT to prosecute. That's because both parties are bought and paid for by Goldman Sachs et al.

Oh well, carry on, America......
    Chris397 and Duck like this.
  6. Duck

What centrists don't understand is that the left vs right battle in this country is a tug-of-war.

Picture it like you're driving a car and it's left tie rod comes loose and the left front wheel slams all the way to the left. You can only steer the right wheel. If you steer straight forward, the car will go where the left wheel is pointing. To keep it in a straight line, you have to steer the right wheel hard to the right & hope that tire has more traction than the left.

In a real life scenario like that, you'd also be working on stopping the car as quickly as possible. But in politics, the car has no brakes.

In a political battle, ... let's just take the tax issue for example, the communist left wants everybody to pay 100% of their income in taxes. Conservatives want to completely eliminate taxes altogether and make it zero percent. Both sides are fighting for the extreme end of the spectrum. Typically, the result will be taxes stay where they're at. If one side gives an inch, the other side takes a mile.
  7. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Staff Member Supporter

The problem arises when people have to be right or left. This eliminates their responsibility to think.

Matters little neither of these parties wish to fix the failures of this experiment, they wish to put on a show to appease the spectators.

I am looking for the Presidential Candidate that say's "I will not help you, it is not in the job description to help you, nor in the constitution. I will to the best of my ability try to do nothing other than lead our armed forces in securing our country, and negotiate any treaties that arise during my time in office."

"Further I shall leave the job of designing a budget to those appointed by law to do it. I will not however sign any budget that spends more than the nation has."

Yeah political suicide. Why I feel the experiment has failed.
    Tim and Duck like this.
  8. Injun

Injun Psycho Squaw Staff Member Supporter

Oddly enough, the President does not have Constitutional authority to "lead" any armed force. The Congress is charged with maintaining a Navy. Period.
  9. Tazz

Article II section 2 specifically grants the President the role of Commander in Chief of both the Army and Navy.
  10. Injun

Injun Psycho Squaw Staff Member Supporter

Article 1, section 8: (paraphrased) congress may raise and support armies, but moneys allocated may only be used for such for two years.

Congress shall support and maintain a Navy.

Yes, the Prez is suppose to be "Commander in Chief" but, of what? We aren't even supposed to be paying for an army for longer than a two year period before deciding whether we still need one.

Congress is too busy trying to regulate every aspect of human life to actually follow what they are supposed to do. Looking at the list in Section 8 of Article 1, I would think they'd be too durned busy to bother with us minions.

Yet, they maintain an army that has been funded for decades.

The military/war industry marches on.
  11. Tazz

Agreed. And appropriations for Armed Forces are year to year now so they are staying within the framework. I do not foresee a disbanding of the armed forces anytime soon though, and have heard no one recommend it though calls for downsizing are prevalent. More than a few of which I agree with. Some of the uses our young men and women are put to are questionable at best criminal at worst.

But as Congress has authorized the standing Army and Navy it is the Presidents job to be the Commander of said forces. One of the few jobs he or she should be doing.
  12. coachman

coachman Old ass'd trucker Supporter

it is found under Clause 12:
    Clause 12. To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years; The Founding Fathers were really worried about the danger of standing armies, the kind of permanent professional armed forces that had, they felt, been used by the British monarchy to oppress them before the Revolution. So they carefully divided the power to control the military between the executive and legislative branches; the president is Commander-in-Chief but only Congress has the authority to pay (or not pay) for military actions. Further, Congress cannot fund military operations more than two years in the future.
    Tazz likes this.
  13. rebel

I agree totally with your assessment. I'm just one of those guys who is yelling at the fools driving the car, to quit trying to steer it with broken tie rods and take it to a qualified mechanic before we ALL end up in ICU!
    It looks like the drivers failed the hearing test portion of the driver exam as well, lol.
    My best advice is to become a pedestrian and learn to like it. Oh, and instead of walking on either side, it might be safer to just walk in the middle of the road since no one else seems to be using it at the moment......

Yeah, the ones I like to vote for are like that, but not too vote worthy for the masses.
    Duck and Tazz like this.
  14. rebel

And I'm glad to see others that know and can quote the Constitution. Most Americans don't have a clue what's written in there.
    And the funny thing is "we have to pass it to know what's in it" mentality can't even be used as an excuse........it was "passed" years ago, lol.
  15. rebel

I thought the stuff said about her daughter was cruel and tasteless and you could debate whether or not she was chosen as a "token" to counter Obama's break with tradition.
    And even though the comment about seeing Russia from her house was actually an SNL parody and not her words at all, I did read some "behind the scenes" stories about her debate coaching sessions that made me wonder if being a cheerleader and basketball player is about what it takes to be elected governor of Alaska.
    I mean it isn't necessary for my wife to know the difference between a country and a continent, but I'd like the person at the no.2 slot on the presidential ticket to know.........just in case they have to answer a telephone call from overseas or something, lol.

Now to the present.......
    I have misspoken once or twice regarding Russia vs. the U.S.S.R. but I usually don't make that mistake as it was a lesson learned years ago at the hands of a very stern professor.
    This doesn't give me a whole lot of confidence in THIS year's Republican candidates either.......

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/back-in-the-ussr-romney-advisor-refers-to-russia-as-the-soviet-union/
  16. Duck

Russia - USSR, ... same thing as far as I'm concerned. Or at least it used to be the same thing. Siberia is visible from Alaska on a clear day, .. it's only 55 miles across the Bering Strait, ... that is, if those islands don't block the view.
  17. LBZ

LBZ New Member

misterG likes this.
  18. Duck

"Radical conservative", according to Obama's definition, means "democrat" by everyone else's standards. The man is 100% communist.
    LBZ and Injun like this.
  19. rebel

LOL, like saying Virginia is the same thing as the U.S.A.
  20. Duck

If you referred to Virginia as the USA, you would be correct, .. sort of. It's US soil.

But if a Mexican living in Tijuana said he can see Virginia from his house, he'd be wrong, obviously.