Random thoughts...put 'em here

Discussion in 'The Layover Tavern' started by MustangLX, Sep 5, 2010.

1. TexasNana

TexasNana New Member

That pretty much sums it up. We're just a bunch of grumpy people sittin at a table having coffee. But it's the only place I knew you from. LOL
  2. Duck

Duck .

Media:
    Albums:
    I didn't know it was a private forum when I signed up there. They were rude to me. I sort of did one of those things like in the movies where the guy quietly walks out of the room backwards.
  3. Whirlwind

Whirlwind Hard to Handle

C'mon, they are my personalities, I can make them any gender I want to!
  4. Duck

Duck .

Media:
    Albums:
  5. TexasNana

TexasNana New Member

We tend to be rude to almost everyone including each other. They're actually quite wonderful people who got badly burned on another forum. Anyway, I hope I wasn't rude to you, I know I was to some people when I felt they were rude to my "group".

Anyway....thanks for welcoming me here as I visit.
  6. Glenn8963

Glenn8963 Banned

7. Whirlwind

Whirlwind Hard to Handle

Sitting on the back porch drinking a beer. Anyone want to join me?
  8. TexasNana

TexasNana New Member

Hello, did I maybe know you by another name?

I'll have iced tea. ;)
    View attachment 11691
  9. Whirlwind

Whirlwind Hard to Handle

Sure thing. We can sit here and enjoy my Mom's pretty garden, watch the robins hunting worms, and dish on other people foibles. Doesn't matter what we are drinking, it's the company that counts.
  10. Duck

Duck .

Media:
    Albums:
    That back row forum was created after the mods on TTR went on a banning spree. They do that sometimes. I think BHW just gets some major PMS sometimes.

I don't think you did. I think it was just that Ken guy. But I saw two others get treated WAY worse.

Everybody has their "main" forum though. This is mine. As soon as I figured out that the back row was just set up for a small, tight-knit group, I felt like an outsider and left.

Yer welcome.
  11. TexasNana

TexasNana New Member

Ooooo your mom's garden? Awesome! I've always wanted to be one of those people with beautiful gardens but.....I'm a plant killer. I have a black thumb.

Actually, Ken is a very kind man. But like almost everyone there he has a warped sense of humor. And yes I know why it was created. I was one of the first there. When the whole O/O thing went down on TTR I made the mistake of saying in private that I felt it wasn't handled well. I was "banned". They adopted me, gave me a forum home and frankly I love them to pieces. I'm not sure there are more loyal people on earth. They certainly have been there for me after our rollover in AL in Feb.
  12. Glenn8963

Glenn8963 Banned

hey so does my mom..!!

every mother's day and birthday and x-mas i'd give her freshly cut flowers..they would die in about 3 days.

so i started giving her artificial flowers...

and they die....

i give her a box of chocolates now

sorry to hear about your accident, get better.
  13. blackw900

blackw900 Flatbedder For Life!

Can you say Rerun?

I knew you could...
  14. TexasNana

TexasNana New Member

He told me. It's been a real joy seeing so many people I like and haven't seen in a while.

Get back to work you bald headed slacker of a flatbedder. Oh, how's wacko?
  15. TexasNana

TexasNana New Member

LOL Yeah dust will kill silk flowers. It's ironic isn't it?

I use to have this long bench in front of a bay window where I put plants that people gave me. People at church and kids were always giving me plants. My son was about 9 having a friend spend the night and when his little friend sat on the plant bench, my son told him "Oh don't sit there....that's the bench of death. Anything on it........dies." LOL
  16. blackw900

The Whacko is fine, Her father passed away last month and she's at home helping her mother deal with the leavins'....I told her that you popped up on this forum and she just laughed and said, "Does TTR even have any members left?"

I can be a "slacker" all I want, My truck and trailer are paid for and more importantly, I know Tim!
  17. Duck

Duck .

Media:
    Albums:
    They have plenty of people who sign up and say "I just got my 27th DUI and now I can't find a job, please help"
  18. blackw900

A typical post over there reads like this:

Hey you guys I a recently released felon, I did a 20 year bit for Burglary, Murder and raping a poodle. I'm a good person but I've made mistakes, I want to start driving trucks but I can't pass a drug test because I smoked a joint in 1973 but I'm no longer a drug user since I started taking Methadone.
    I'm on 14 different medications for pain and depression and I'm 400 pounds overweight and a brittle diabetic.
    I only have 7 tickets for speeding and 3 accidents that were not my fault. I'm currently fighting a court case in which I was falsely accused of truck hijacking.
    I want to drive trucks because I love to drive.

I recently married my aunt and she's pregnant with my cousins baby so I'll soon have a family to support and I need money real bad!
    I don't think any of my past problems should affect my ability to get a job in the trucking industry, I mean after all it's in the past, Right?

I'm currently in a trucking school and have a prehire with Werner, What are my chances of making it in the trucking business?
  19. TexasNana

TexasNana New Member

Now that was just plain funny.
  20. TexasNana

TexasNana New Member

I'm so sorry to hear about her Daddy. It's so hard to lose a parent. Please tell her she and her mom are in my thoughts and prayers. I also know from first hand experience how difficult it can be helping the remaining parent so let her know that if she ever needs someone to listen to her rant or scream I'd be happy to give her my phone number.

Well I'm proud for ya having the truck paid off and I'd be even prouder for ya knowing Tim if I had the slightest idea who he is. LOL I do figure he's okay because anyone with a stooge for an avatar is good people in my book.