Random thoughts...put 'em here

Discussion in 'The Layover Tavern' started by MustangLX, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Mr. Q

Mr. Q Silent Observer

You're wasting too much time and energy on this.

Now:

How's the weather in your area, what's for dinner, and are you going to be a regional driver or a driver in all 48 states?
  2. midwestbound

midwestbound Night Owl

The weather here is hot and a bit overcast, how is it for you Q?
  3. RACEFAN

RACEFAN Space Truckin Supporter

:) :) O:)

It's hot as heck here in beautiful So.Cal. Thanks for asking. How's it where u are?
    I am going to be in 48 states. At least in the beginning. My trainer/mentor to be is a long time friend of mine, and when my training is done he is gonna stop training and just team with me for a while. He will not make as much teaming as he would training, but less stress for him.(and better $$$ for me).
  4. Mr. Q

Mr. Q Silent Observer

View attachment 11675

It was like this for the longest time earlier, but the clouds are starting to break up. I'll be stuck here in CT until tomorrow morning it seems.
    View attachment 11675
  5. RACEFAN

Just pointed my infra-red temp. gun at the concrete outside the shop and it showed 130° F. Yep it's hot.
  6. RACEFAN

Chicken and rice with a salad. And for u?
  7. Mr. Q

Mr. Q Silent Observer

Get some chaining practice in while you can.

That doesn't make any sense that your trainer is going to earn less money by training you, but hopefully you'll be able to get along with working with a friend 24/7.

It's slim pickins here for food choices. There's the usual fast food options or the restaurant choice. Maybe I'll pass tonight, but haven't fully decided yet. I just want to get the hell out of here.
  8. RACEFAN

LOL. Does someone need new glasses........[MENTION=7096]Mr. Q[/MENTION] ? Lol/jk.

We used to share a house, so a truck will just be closer quarters. We'll be all good.
  9. Mr. Q

Mr. Q Silent Observer

Don't you just hate it when you have one word in your mind, but it still comes out as something else? What a silly typo on my part! I meant to say "teaming".
  10. Duck

Duck . Staff Member

The idea that we should "adapt" is bull****. If anything needs to "adapt" it's our laws about foreign ownership/control of US businesses. If they want to invest, let 'em. But if they want 51% controlling interest, tough ****.

If you're referring to this post by notarps:

I'm 99% sure he was joking. People do that all the time, and then type "Fixed" below it. If he wasn't joking, he was most likely referring to members other people who do it nearly every day, like [MENTION=8936]Tim[/MENTION] and [MENTION=8932]blackw900[/MENTION]. It's just a joke.
  11. RACEFAN

Lol. It's okay. Trainers make a little more(not alot). I guess that's because they have to put up with dumbazzes all the time. He has told me some funny stories about a few trainees. Lol. He says he's looking foreward to training and teaming with me cuz he knows I'm not a dumbazz. Maybe he doesn't know me that well after all.......lol.
  12. Racer X 69

Racer X 69 Member

[MENTION=7096]Mr. Q[/MENTION] you are at the TA where 84 and 691 split, aren't you?
    View attachment 11676
  13. Racer X 69

Racer X 69 Member

That 8 x 8 foot box is going to feel very small real quick.

It will test the strength of your friendship.

It will push it way beyond the limits.

If you two get past this experience and don't kill each other it will be a miracle.

Trust me.
  14. Racer X 69

Racer X 69 Member

You can click the "Like" thingy, in the lower right corner of the post.

I did.
  15. RACEFAN

Well....miracles do happen. We'll be fine. I am sure it will have it's moments or days even, been there before.... but we both are pretty calm, cool and collective personalities, so at least we aren't both hot heads. That might get ugly.
  16. Racer X 69

Racer X 69 Member

This is the Clubhouse for Misfit Truckers.
  17. RACEFAN

The "like" thingy doesn't show up on my phone app. There should be a "really like" and maybe even "really, really like" too.
    I am at work (shop is dead today) so I use my android until I get home. The app is very limited as compared to my laptop.
  18. RACEFAN

Lol. I am finding this to get truer and truer as we go. Lol.
  19. Injun

Injun Psycho Squaw Staff Member Supporter

I have never posted or visited this forum on anything except my Android. I just use the regular browser on "full site" rather than the app. The "Like" button is functional.
  20. RACEFAN

I tried doing that once, but it didn't work for some reason. It was during when the changes were going on with the site, so maybe that was it. I dunno. Besides, my data plan slows the net down considerably after only 250mb of data usage. The app doesn't ever slow down.