Norwegian trucker

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Kent, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Kent

Kent New Member

One thing is for sure, and that is that you have never been here.. Amsterdam is not so pretty and clean as the pictures shown on the web.. Many sad souls, human trafficking, dopeheads etc.. Evrything isnt so legal either.. Only at home or in the coffeeshops, but it is legal to carry it.. I really dont care, cause i have never touched it, and is planning to keep that up :)
    Yes, linje akvavitt is made in norway.. Dangerous ****, and tastes like lutefisk ;)
  2. severina

severina New Member

:yuck: Nevermind then!! Well, I'd still be thrilled to go run around Norway and visit Helvete as tribute to Per Ohlin, but, no akvavit for me. Ye gods. You'd need a stomach of steel to eat lutefisk. Have you got any more pictures of Norway? As you point out, it's hard to find photos of what a place is really like. Do a search for Norway or any country in Europe and you mostly get tourist or postcard photos.
  3. Cerberus

Cerberus In God We Trust

Your ape sh!t nuts. Amsterdam is what you make of it. Sure if your a fkn hermit and have no personable skills and find bad in everything, then sure it sucks, but what place doesn't. Its been years since i went and that was more on the spur of the moment with a few friends and we had a blast. I've got many dead brain cells to show how much fun i had. No problems whatsoever with any locals. Food wasn't the greatest. But when your fkn stoned, it doesn't matter. Guess i like my southern cooking to much and nothing really compares.
  4. Kent

Kent New Member

always fun visitting new places. What you refeer till as hell/helvete i dont understand. Is it the place called hell? Naah, no more pocs at this time.. Out trucking:)
  5. Kent

Kent New Member

I dont say amsterdam sucks.. I love the netherlands/holland and the people there. But when you tell about it, you just refeer to the things a tourist see. A great place to party, no doubt about it. If you gonna be stoned all the time, i guess any place looks good, hehe.
  6. severina

severina New Member

Helvete is the record shop in Oslo where the black metal scene started - it was the first shop to sell this kind of music. There was (and still is) much foolishness in the black metal community, but there is much to enjoy as well. Per Ohlin was a peerless vocalist in the black metal scene. His stage name was "Dead" and his name was sometimes reported as Pelle Ohlin. I am not sure if you will know who he was, but he was in the band Mayhem with Øystein Aarseth ("Euronymous"), who was killed in his apartment building by Varg Vikernes of Burzum, whose name I'm sure you will know. Dead actually died in a private home in the forest outside Oslo (if I remember correctly), but I'm sure someone else lives there now and it would be extremely rude to walk up to their home to pay my respects there.
  7. Kent

Kent New Member

Black metal isnt my thing, but varg made most of the newspapers in norway.
  8. Kent

Kent New Member

In northern norway we often run in to these creatures.
    View attachment 14176
    Changes his fur to white in the winter, and is very hard to see.

Last pic i took of my old treuck. As you can see there are several opinions about this new ledlight. I really dont like it
    View attachment 14177

American made. Grote beacons, and grover horns
    View attachment 14178

Winter is fighting it last days this seaon in the north these day. Here from hammerfest.
    View attachment 14179

One of our trucks went off The road last winter.
    View attachment 14179

Carrying a oooooold caterpillar
    View attachment 14179

When i have days of, i go trucking in my brothers scania.
    View attachment 14179

Transporting concrete elements with my first truck in this company.. Alta
    View attachment 14180

454 going in to my 68 Firebird :)
    View attachment 14180

Hammerfest city
    View attachment 14180

Just some pics i found in my photobucket :)
    View attachment 14176 View attachment 14177 View attachment 14178 View attachment 14179 View attachment 14180
  9. Kent

Kent New Member

Hmm, something went really wrong here.. Starting to hate this ipad..
  10. Racer X 69

Racer X 69 Member

Great response Kent!

View attachment 14181
    View attachment 14181
  11. Racer X 69

Racer X 69 Member

Try again!
  12. severina

severina New Member

Thank you for the reindeer photo! That was just delightful <3 And also, looking at all the snow. I've never lived anywhere that had enough snow to make me happy.

I think Hammerfest is the best name for a town I have ever heard in any country.

Cabover-style trucks seem much more common there than over here. Do you prefer them to the kind with engine out front?
  13. severina

severina New Member

Yes please do!
  14. Kent

Kent New Member

Take another shot at it later on :) Well, all the snow isnt so good when youre a trucker, hehe. The roads are bad, and we carry 52000kg totals.. The regulations says the rig cant ne over 17,5meter. That is why cabovers rule the marked over here.
  15. Duck

Duck .

Media:
    Albums:
    I converted metric to our bass-ackwards system we inherited from the British, ... who then abandoned it.

52,000 kg = 125,663.5 lbs
    17.5 meters = 57 ft 5 in.
  16. severina

severina New Member

That makes sense. I personally think a cabover would be much more frightening to drive, but I've heard some people state a preference for them.

Have you seen the British Top Gear episode where the guys tried their hands at driving truck? I laughed so hard I was crying. At one point they had to drive through obstacles in cabovers.
  17. four wheels

four wheels NoPower2Move

Hey, Kent! Those reindeer come up to your truck like there's nothing to fear? Seems awfully close in the picture. Do people feed them from their cars like they you see them do here when they're driving around the wooded areas?
  18. Kent

Kent New Member

Reindeer is a very stupid animal. When you come towards them full speed, they just stands still watching you, and when you come opp to them, they start running in front of you. In the same direction..

Severina.. Yeah, seen that. But have you seen when the same guys converts a harvester into a snowblower and try to go across a mountainroad in norway, wich is so bad it getting closed each winter. Top gear harvester in norway, i think will be the correct searchwords..

Rubber duck: but the british is still driving on the wrong side of the road, hehe. Craaaaazy people ;)
  19. Duck

Duck .

Media:
    Albums:
    Here in the USA we have the same problem with regular deer. They're among the dumbest species of animals we have here, besides cows.

One time I was pulled over on a wide spot on the shoulder of a 2-lane highway in rural Kansas, and was outside the truck watering the weeds. There were several cows about 20 feet away on the other side of a fence. I had drank too much coffee that day and was trying to talk to the cows. They didn't even look at me. I walked up to the fence, like 5 feet from a cow and was yelling "HELLO MISTER STRIP STEAK" and it still didn't even acknowledge I was there. When I got back in the truck I honked the big horn and the cows still didn't even turn their heads and look. One of them started eating grass, that was it.

Stupid animals. No wonder we eat them.
  20. Kent

Kent New Member

What did you put in your coffee? Lmao :)