New to site. 8 years driving

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Flatlander79, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Flatlander79

Flatlander79 New Member

Hi my name is James I have been driving for 8 years as a company driver. I have been OTR with Werner, Knight, and Usxpress. Dedicated with Biagi Bros. and Michael Most trucking. Local with J&J materials, Ace asphalt, and Otto trucking. If you want any info on these companys from the perspective of a former driver please let me know. I am going back to local driving with Otto trucking here in phoenix as I have my first kid on the way.
  2. Duck

Duck .-.. --- ... - Staff Member

Welcome to the forum.
  3. bigyellowpete

bigyellowpete Town Bike Supporter

Welcome to the forum.

Ignore the Duck. It'll be hard though, he's everywhere.
  4. Racer X 69

Racer X 69 Member

5. stray dog

stray dog New Member

6. Tn. Truckers Wife

Tn. Truckers Wife Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome...Nice to have you here and congrat's on the baby!!!
  7. jaiart

jaiart Active Member

Yes how about us express.
  8. Gus

Gus What?

8 jobs, 8 years... WOW.
  9. Mike

Mike Friendly Admin :) Staff Member

Not uncommon in this industry at all

We just had a driver quit at our terminal for the third time in less than two years. Probably be back again before too long
  10. Flatlander79

Flatlander79 New Member

Not sure about solo but good for teams. We did an average of just over 5000 miles a week, .48cpm split, out 2 to 3 weeks, all 48, we did mostly fedex freight loads about 20000 lbs. Hope that helps.
  11. jaiart

jaiart Active Member

Yeah my interest is solo...
  12. Spartan718

Spartan718 New Member

Personally, i don't think I could run in a team. Just being with a trainer about 2 weeks is rough. Don't think I have meet anyone other than my wife that I think I could live in such close quarters with, and even that might get ugly after awhile.