MISSING KIDS. PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'The Layover Tavern' started by Nickig, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Nickig

Nickig New Member

Hi. On February 15th my friends daughter who is seventeen was picked up by her former teachr at four am and left with her and her own three kids and they all have disappeared. They left from Cicero Illinois and have not been seen since. We are desperately trying yo get more eyes looking for them and the car they are in. Destiny disappeared with her former teacher Laurie May in a white volvo station wagon with Illinois license plate number 9590986. There is also a pink breast cancer ribbon on the left rear of the car. The woman not only took my friends daughter but also her own three kids ages 4,2 and 1. She is white but her kids are mix white and african american. My friends daughter named Destiny is tall about 235 pounds with her right eyebrow pierced. I tried to post pictures but couldnt figure out how. Will post them when i figure out how. Just PLEASE keep an eye out for the car. They could be anywhere

View attachment 5891 View attachment 5892 View attachment 5893
  2. rigjockey

rigjockey Damned Fernour! Staff Member

was an AMBER ALERT put out .
  3. Nickig

Nickig New Member

There was no amber alert put out on Destiny because she is seventeen and they said she is too old but thre is one for the teachers own three kids. Thats why i dont see how they havent been spotted anywhere yet. I think the police have quit looking
  4. Mrs. Duck

Mrs. Duck Duck's woman

Destiny might be too old for an amber alert but there should be a Missing Persons Report put out for her. The police should not stop looking for her or the other three children. They should also not stop looking for the teacher beacause she could have kidnapped Destiny and her own three children. I wish you and your friend all the hope i can that Destiny will be found and the teacher will be caught. I will pray for Destiny and the other three children in hopes that they will be found safe and that Destiny will be returned safely to her mother and the other three will be returned safely to family. Send your friend my hopes and prayers for her daughter to be found.
  5. BrokenFloaty

BrokenFloaty New Member

Any news?? I send my thoughts and prayers your way.
  6. Mike

Mike Friendly Admin :) Staff Member

She isn't listed anymore on the missingkids.com website, so I would assume the situation has come to a conclusion.
  7. Duck

Duck . Staff Member

I was communicating with this person. From her facebook post:

It's nice that the kid was found, ... a little irritating she didn't come back and post it here. Oh well. Happy ending, case closed.
  8. Duck

Duck . Staff Member

Here's one I just spotted on Facebook.

http://thestir.cafemom.com/in_the_n...rce=facebook&utm_content=likeyourkids_fanpage

Evansdale, IA is just south of Waterloo (I-380, exit 68) and has a Flying J and a Pilot/Road Ranger. Since there are two truck stops there, I figure it might be prudent to post this here.

View attachment 15483

[TABLE="width: 700"]
    [TR]
    [TD][SIZE=+1]LYRIC COOK[/SIZE][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Case Type: Endangered Missing[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]DOB: Oct 2, 2001[/TD]
    [TD]Sex: Female[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Missing Date: Jul 13, 2012[/TD]
    [TD]Race: White[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Age Now: 10[/TD]
    [TD]Height: 4'11" (150 cm)[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Missing City: EVANSDALE[/TD]
    [TD]Weight: 145 lbs (66 kg)[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Missing State : IA[/TD]
    [TD]Hair Color: Brown[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Missing Country: United States[/TD]
    [TD]Eye Color: Blue[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Case Number: NCMC1198725[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 2"]Circumstances: Lyric and Elizabeth were last seen riding their bicycles on July 13, 2012. Their bikes were later found near Meyers Lake in Evansdale, Iowa. Lyric was last seen wearing a light green shirt and shorts.[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

View attachment 15484

[TABLE="width: 700"]
    [TR]
    [TD][SIZE=+1]ELIZABETH COLLINS[/SIZE][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD](Companion)[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Case Type: Endangered Missing[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]DOB: Jul 31, 2003[/TD]
    [TD]Sex: Female[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Missing Date: Jul 13, 2012[/TD]
    [TD]Race: White[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Age Now: 8[/TD]
    [TD]Height: 4'1" (124 cm)[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Missing City: EVANSDALE[/TD]
    [TD]Weight: 65 lbs (29 kg)[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Missing State : IA[/TD]
    [TD]Hair Color: Sandy[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Missing Country: United States[/TD]
    [TD]Eye Color: Blue[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]Case Number: NCMC1198725[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 2"]Circumstances: Lyric and Elizabeth were last seen riding their bicycles on July 13, 2012. Their bikes were later found near Meyers Lake in Evansdale, Iowa. Lyric was last seen wearing a light green shirt and shorts.[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    View attachment 15483 View attachment 15484
  9. Duck

Duck . Staff Member

ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT
    National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
    1-800-843-5678 (1-800-THE-LOST)
    [HR][/HR]Evansdale Police Department (Iowa) 1-319-232-6682 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8427)
  10. j911brick

j911brick Well-Known Member

I've been sitting in evansdale the past couple days. People don't seem to have much hope...
  11. Duck

Duck . Staff Member

They haven't put out an Amber Alert because the Amber Alerts require that they have an adult or a vehicle to associate with the kids. Amber Alerts include a description of an adult they were last seen with, or the car that a witness saw them being dragged into. In this case, the kids simply disappeared without a trace.
  12. j911brick

I have to wonder where the parents were and why were they not supervising their children?
  13. icefisher47

icefisher47 New Member

I see so many parents not watching their kids, mine are never out of my sight when I have them,
  14. Injun

Injun Psycho Squaw Staff Member Supporter

Yes, I'm resurrecting this one.

First question...any news yet?

Second question...at what age does it become appropriate to allow children to exercise some independence? If my parents had been up my *** 24 hours a day when I was 10, I would have run away from home.

I think parents today cripple their children with overprotectiveness and fear. They have to be taught good judgment and be allowed to make mistakes. How the hell else are they supposed to learn how to function as adults? I was walking to school alone when I was 7. Running around the neighborhood with the other kids at 8. Offering yard services and pet grooming door to door at 9 to earn candy money.

I know times are different now, but how much of this is the fault of the Nanny State convincing parents to overprotect their children rather than teach them how to deal with danger?
  15. j911brick

I heard they was evidence they were still alive.

As far as ago goes, that is a tricky question. Somebody tried to abduct me when I was 17.
  16. Injun

People get abducted as adults, both women and men. I'm 44 now. I could be kidnapped tonight. Do I need to have my mommy following me around to keep me safe?
  17. j911brick

I don't think there is any easy answer. But, if your a parent you should consider how your going to feel if something happens. When I was that age I had allot of freedom to roam, but that was mostly because my parents didn't care. Had I been disciplined at a younger age it might have been easier to keep a leash on me.
  18. Injun

Here's another idea. Stop teaching children that all violence and orneriness is bad. Rather, teach them when it is good and how to effecitvely use it. We're pussifying our kids to the point they can't protect themselves against bullies or possible abductors.

It's up to us as adults to show them how to survive.
  19. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Staff Member Supporter

I agree with Injun. Train them in the process and weapons to defend themselves.
    Growing up it was common for kids to spend hours outside and away from direct supervision. It prepared. Them for life when ghe parents where no longer there.

Holly Bobo was a 22(?) Or there abouts college student whose brother saw her go into the woos with some guy. Thay are still looking for her almost two year later.

A good tactical flashlight is completely legal for anyone to carry and in most cases when properly applied can buy your child critical seconds in their defense.
  20. Duck

Duck . Staff Member

I just heard about this on the CB a little while ago, So sad.

Mother confirms bodies are those of missing Evansdale girls
    View attachment 15485 View attachment 15486