How much of Ice Road Truckers do you think is crap?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Sinister, Aug 16, 2009.

?

How much of Ice Road Truckers is crap?

1. 0 - 25% - It's mostly true.

6 vote(s)
    13.0%
  2. 25 - 50% - It's half garbage.

13 vote(s)
    28.3%
  3. 50 - 75% - It's mostly garbage.

20 vote(s)
    43.5%
  4. 75 - 100% - It's all garbage!

7 vote(s)
    15.2%
  1. boone315

boone315 SPACE TRUCKING

Sounds like a trucker from the north woods, those guys up there are a little crazier then the usual.
  2. Sinister

Sinister Well-Known Member Staff Member

This is what makes Alex the only guy I like on this show. He's got other things on his mind except blowing the horn and getting to the next load...

Exactly. Which is why they're moving the show to the Himalayas.

And yet, they showed that picture over and over and over again, of the truck going through the ice...

OH FREAKIN PLEASE, Alex. "It's not like they claimed it was real." Come on now. During the first few season in Canada that's about ALL they harped on was the possibility of a truck going through the ice. In fact, Hugh actually ran up on a tanker once that had fallen through partially. That was the ONE time I saw it though.

So, I'd say about 80% of the show is crap. "Prepared" ice roads has never been mentioned, but trucks falling through has. Lots of times.

Enjoy your appearances Alex.
  3. bigyellowpete

bigyellowpete Town Bike Supporter

I am still sitting around the house this week, and it is raining today, so I found myself watching an episode of this show this afternoon. One of the first ones from the Dalton season. The female steering wheel holder got under her truck and couldn't figure out how to adjust the trailer brakes. she didn't realize there is a lock on the adjustment I guess. Later in the show they show a tanker that went off the road full of fuel, and the narrator says it is carrying 9,000 tons of fuel. Wow. I'm not a mathematician, but he may be exaggerating just a bit. even 9,0load weigh in at about 9,000 gallons would have made his payload weigh in at about 72,000 lbs which i am pretty sure is more weight than they allow on that road on 6 axles. I may be wrong about that though.

Note: the narrator did say later in the show it was 9,000 gallons of fuel. I guess in editing they didn't catch the earlier gaff.
  4. Racer X 69

Racer X 69 Member

I have seen a few episodes of this show and have caught many mistakes. I think that is what you get when the producers don't feel it is important to do better research and maybe have a real truck driver on staff to help with production.

Guess we ain't smart enough to work behind the scenes on a TV show.
  5. WildChild

WildChild Driving someone up a wall

I COULDNT AGREE MORE! Glad someone else said it for me, or it sounds like I am getting catty. I MUST RANT NOW!

Of all the bubble headed, dumb, retarded, shameful and embarrassing chicks to put on TV.. !@^@#$%!$$#$@%@%!#$

Ahem.. ok. I didn't fight my way into this kind of job because I wanted to PLAY the damsel at work. I wanted to get paid more and do it in an industry where I wasn't required to wear skirts. If I go out and find myself a job lets say.. hmm as a stripper (to keep the topic interesting) I cannot jump out on stage and NOT undress while trying to get another guy to do the work and strip for me and expect to get paid for it.

There in lies my problem. I work my *** off doing what I do, and trying to do it better than anyone out there to EARN the respect of those who work with me. I turn down a lot of help just to show and prove that I am perfectly capable of throwing my own chains (something which Lisa didn't even TRY at, she just threw them on and said I guess that will do) I am perfectly capable of fixing my truck on the run, learning the mechanics of my truck, making sure my load is secure and that I get it done quickly and safely and I DON'T ask for help unless I don't have the knowledge or experience required for the task.

Don't get me wrong everyone needs help now and again but COME ON! I do not like it being seen as one of those girls that does "pretty good job" considering she's female, I want to be seen as a good DRIVER first, and as a woman second.

I have worked with women that pull the damsel in distress card.. and they make me sick.. if you can't do it yourself without pulling the "act" your in the wrong industry sister!!!!

OH my *crawls off soap box*

So what do I think of Ice road truckers... crap crap crap. They do a job, dramatize it and unfortunately those who simply suck it up, do their job well and come home safe are left to watch the vomit spewed forth on TV in disgust.
  6. TrailerTra$h

TrailerTra$h New Member

My biggest beef with this show is how they edit and present it. Depending on what the producers think of you at any given moment they can easily edit and show things "out of context", portraying you as either the worlds best trucker or worst trucker. Why anyone would agree to be on this show, aside from extra cash, is beyond me.
  7. Road Dust

Road Dust Takes a little sunshine

It's on tv and its managed by entertainment professionals. Heck, I don't even believe most of the news channel.