1. For those of you who were unaware, Dr. Daliah Wachs is a member of our community who donates tons of time here with her expert medical advice (and some humor as well....)

Dr. Daliah is currently raising money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society to help save kids with blood cancer. See the link below for more information, and for our current members, a $15 donation will also give you a 1 year supporting membership upgrade to our forum. Click the link below for more information:

$5 To Save A Life

hello new here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by smoothheem, Jul 24, 2012.

1. smoothheem

smoothheem New Member

Just started with Western Express on the 5th for training because I am a student
  2. Duck

Duck .-.. --- ... - Staff Member

Welcome to Truckers Forum
  3. Tn. Truckers Wife

Tn. Truckers Wife Well-Known Member Supporter

Good luck with your training and welcome..
  4. RACEFAN

RACEFAN Space Truckin Supporter

Welcome, and good luck.
    Make sure and let us know how it's goin at the black and white. :thumbsup:
  5. Racer X 69

Racer X 69 Member

Welcome to Truckers Forum.
  6. Rigor

Rigor New Member

Welcome to TF. I am fairly new here as well but not to trucking, but we can all still learn something new so enjoy yourself.
  7. ladygreeneyd

ladygreeneyd New Member

Welcome smoothheem, welcome and best if luck in your new ventures :)
  8. smoothheem

smoothheem New Member

Thanks everyone, I love it but my trainer is starting to **** me off, so I don't know if I will make it for 2 more weeks without slapping the. U know what out of him, plus they are only paying $175 a week for the first 3 weeks and after taxes u get $140.00 a week.... sucks
  9. smoothheem

smoothheem New Member

Ok, I have one more week before I am solo with assigned truck, cant wait to start making real money, because this $100 a week is killing me
  10. Racer X 69

Racer X 69 Member

I thought you said it was $140 a week?

What division will you be in, flatbed or dryvan?
  11. smoothheem

smoothheem New Member

Srry my bad, they pay u $375 for 3 weeks and you have to pay $200 for training every week so that leaves u $175 and after taxes u get $140.
  12. Nomad

Nomad New Member

What?? Seriously??
  13. Nomad

Nomad New Member

Oh. And welcome to TF and trucking !!
  14. Tazz

Tazz Infidel Staff Member Supporter

Hello just curiosity but at the end of your training is it paid for in that 200 a week or do they keep taking it out?
  15. notarps4me

notarps4me Shy and Quiet.

Dang; maverick pays you 500 bucks a week.... Used to have a sign on bonus, but that is no more.
  16. hellraiser78

hellraiser78 The Life on the road!

Welcome!!! Good luck! There are a lot of trucking veterans on here that are willing to help and answer questions. Out of all the boards on the net, the people on here are the best.
    Racer X 69 likes this.
  17. smoothheem

smoothheem New Member

Oh yeah serious as a heart attack, and u have to pay $200 a week for 3 weeks only, they say
  18. smoothheem

smoothheem New Member

Thank you hellraiser, I like the site, everyone seems cool and helpful