Diamond trailer info needed

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking' started by Diverse, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Diverse

Diverse New Member

Need info on Diamond 55 ton pin on axle. This is a single drop extendable need to

Build Does anyone have one for measurements? Thanks
  2. Duck

Duck .

3. Diverse

Diverse New Member

I have been to the site, no info. They don't have any info on these trailers because they no long mfg them. But many were made, so if I can just find someone else that owns one.
  4. Duck

Duck .

@bigyellowpete, @Keendriver, & maybe @Sinister might be able to help. They pull oversize.

(the @ symbol in front of their screen name gives them a notification and draws them to this thread)
  5. bigyellowpete

bigyellowpete Town Bike Supporter

Will Diamond sell you a pin-on axle that works? If they aren't making their own trailers anymore, they may be willing to sell any of the parts they have left. Just a thought.

Other than that, you will likely need to find a trailer, or metal fab shop in your area that can manufacture a pin on to fit your trailer. They would likely just need to take a few measurements in order to do the job. Most of the components are bolt on, so the real work is all done by a fab shop anyway when they construct the frame and mounting eyes. the electrical and air plumbing, as well as the suspension work, can be handled by just about any half-*** mechanic out there. Make sure the alignment is good on it before you right the check and go dragging it around though. Also keep in mind that the spread between the last trailer axle and the pin-on axle should be the same as on the trailer axles.
  6. Diverse

Diverse New Member

Diamond can not build one and does not have any parts. I have all the parts, steel , air ride, axle, etc. But would like to see one and get a few measurement before I start building it.
  7. bigyellowpete

bigyellowpete Town Bike Supporter

Unless you know someone who has one of their axles, I'm not sure where you would ever see one.

As far as the measurements go, they will be determined by the frame rail size and spacing on your existing trailer, the spread you are looking for, and the amount of space behind the axle to mount your suspension and an ICC bumper.