1. For those of you who were unaware, Dr. Daliah Wachs is a member of our community who donates tons of time here with her expert medical advice (and some humor as well....)

Dr. Daliah is currently raising money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society to help save kids with blood cancer. See the link below for more information, and for our current members, a $15 donation will also give you a 1 year supporting membership upgrade to our forum. Click the link below for more information:

$5 To Save A Life

Cummins ISX Backfiring

Discussion in 'International' started by Injun, May 26, 2012.

1. Tim

Tim U.S.Constitution Supporter

Them KW guy's will try anything to beat a Pete!
  2. blackw900

blackw900 Flatbedder For Life!

All we have to do is...."Step on the gas dumbass!" I have 14 tail lights on my truck so that you at least get a lightshow when I go by!
  3. Injun

Injun Psycho Squaw Staff Member

4. blackw900

There's a lotta popcorn on this site today.....:toothpick:
  5. Racer X 69

Racer X 69 Member

Would you like some floss?
  6. boone315

boone315 SPACE TRUCKING

I had a Cat C-12 for years, now I am half deaf,, When I first got it, I used to get these headaches while driving, mentioned it to another driver and he said it was Cat's 'new' turbo, (it was new back then) and they make a high pitched scream or whining noise. I started wearing earplugs and the headaches went away.
  7. blackw900

C-12?

Is that a lawnmower engine?
  8. Tim

Tim U.S.Constitution Supporter

Starter motor for C15 CATs and bigger.
  9. blackw900

So, It's like a modern day pony motor......I get it.
  10. boone315

boone315 SPACE TRUCKING

your not wrong by much
  11. That guy

That guy Active Member

Absolutely!
  12. blackw900

Now THAT'S funny!
  13. Les2

Les2 Hobbie Trucker

Isn't that what you have on your new riding mower??

Speaking of back firing, my wife made supper tonight and for the life of me I have no clue as to what she put in it, but its causing some major backfiring! And it stinks horribly!!!!!!:fart:
  14. That guy

That guy Active Member

No, it's a Yanmar but it's only 27hp so it is basically as strong as an N14! Lol.

Can't explain your backfire issue but the smell is probably from the gerbil tim was talking about in the other thread.
  15. Les2

Les2 Hobbie Trucker

Figures I just had to open this thread and read the gerbil comment while I am eating....:yuck:
  16. blackw900

Fixed......
  17. Les2

Les2 Hobbie Trucker

Mmmmmmmmmmm chocolate pie!
  18. blackw900

Well said!!
  19. Injun

Okay, truck doctor's raising Girly's dress in the morning. When I hear why she's got gas, I'll let y'all know.
  20. Injun

Well. My Girly's getting a brand new turbo. Seems it was FUBAR. The symptoms were so subtle, I would have thought maybe a single injector would be the problem, but nope. Anyway, since the turbo was malfunctioning, it plugged the DPF, which is being pulled and cleaned.

Since it's in for that stuff anyway, I've requested an overhead be done at the same time. While that's being done, the injectors will be checked for adjustment.

Sounds expensive, doesn't it?