CRST MALONE WILL screw you over

Discussion in 'General Trucking Discussion' started by blackheart79, Nov 16, 2010.

1. blackheart79

blackheart79 New Member

Went threw there oriantation..Busted my but for them for three months..Did everything asked even tho i wasnt getting the loads i needed or wanted or in the places i needed to be in..I still tried..Went in before my hometime to fix some logs is what they had me come in for..They fired me on the sport saying i had violated there log book rules..witch is total bullsh**...Just if you go to them watch your backkkk...
  2. wargames

wargames Drug Runner

Hit the want-add`s right away. Look up, not down. You`ll find another job. Gaurantee it. blackheart79, let us know how your doing. Also, someone on this board might know who is hiring in your area.
  3. Sean McQuaid

Sean McQuaid Whiny baby

FIX some logs? Why would you have to fix? Were you in a D.O.T. violation in any way?

THEIR log book rules? Were these rules in accordance with the D.O.T. book of regs?

If you were legal and within the D.O.T. regs, you may have a legitimate fight. Do you have your copies, and what they told you to do? You may be able to do something that is now too late for me to do.

These carriers collect a subsidy for hiring, so it's "watch your back" whoever you go with. The quicker they get you out, the more of the subsidy money they get to keep for themselves.

The crappy thing is you now have a termination on your DAC, and it may be to your benefit to check it out and see what CRST put on it.

To the surprise of everyone here on the forum, that's all I'm gonna say for now.
  4. cajuntrucker59

cajuntrucker59 Well Known Smart Azz

reckon i'll just stand against a wall! :)
  5. Phantom_of_the_Opry

Phantom_of_the_Opry Worm Food

WHY did you need to FIX SOME LOG PAGES??
    HOW MANY TIMES in the 3 Months did you have to FIX YOUR LOG PAGES??
    Seems like a series of negatives leading to possibly becoming Unemployable in Trucking.
    If you had a few Safety Violations which incorporate Log Book Violations since Logbooks ARE a part of SAFETY SENSITIVE OPERATIONS, you might well be out of luck in challenging CRST.
    You could well have Violated Logbook Rules which is WHY DRIVERS NEED ALL REQUESTS FROM DISPATCH DONE ON QUALCOMM and if they refuse, kick back and relax.

When one uses DACFIX, companies do not have to eliminate anything from DAC Records/Files, just so you'll know before dropping $150.00+ for DACFIX and possibly getting no discernable result/results.

For a copy of your (DAC) HireRight report.
    It's EASILY done through E-MAIL and you'll get it within 2 weeks.
    Also REQUEST a copy of your CRIMINAL and DRIVING RECORD (on the request form) since they're FREE and it all arrives in one package.

Keep us apprised!!
  6. boone315

boone315 SPACE TRUCKING

Never heard of a company letting someone go over a one time log book violation, I think Malone is all owner-op, so technically you would not have been fired, just have your contract voided. I am a very sloppy writer, I get violations all the time for the simple reason they can not read what I wrote down, DOT can violate you for many things if they want to, like if the lines are not perfectly aligned with the quarter marks. Nobody gets to upset as long as it is a correctable error and you don't 'lie' on it. When I used to trip lease through brokers nobody but me worried about my logs(except the occasional DOT roadside inspector) but I still have to keep copies of them by law.
  7. Racer X 69

Racer X 69 Member

I print very well and neatness has never been a problem, but I have a lazy streak a mile wide. Saddlesore told me about DDL, a log app for the PC. Since I use a laptop for live mapping and navigation (more laziness) it was a simple matter to download the trial and give it a go.

The rest is history.

And DDL also can do reports and all kinds of stuff that owner ops would find very useful.

Check it out here: Drivers Daily Log - Log Software For The Lazy Driver And Those Who Flunked Penmanship And Neatness In School!
  8. boone315

boone315 SPACE TRUCKING

I don't take my computer on the road with me, I get x-rayed every time I cross the border, I was told it is not good for the computer, so I would take it out and then of course customs would wonder if I was hiding something and make me turn it on and all that crap so I just don't bring it with me.
  9. Racer X 69

Racer X 69 Member

I have been through many full truck x-ray inspections, both at the border and going into military bases, and it hasn't hurt my laptop yet.

The food in the fridge kinda gets transparent though! :p
  10. boone315

boone315 SPACE TRUCKING

You ain't kidding, my truck can cook it's own popcorn, I go through the machine sometimes 4 times a day, in Alex Bay, they keep us in the truck, I know that can't be healthy.
  11. patriciajnsn

patriciajnsn Steering Wheel Holder Supporter

You think you're a sloppy writer you should see my bosses logs.His name which is nothing more then chicken scratches,mvi and that is it.If the DOT does an audit he'd get fined and questioned big time.
  12. bigyellowpete

bigyellowpete Town Bike Supporter

It is the equivalent of at least 20 chest x-rays every time. I would get out of the truck and tell them they needed to sign a release guaranteeing my personal safety and accepting responsibility for long term side effects. I have had the truck done a number of times, but I have never been told to remain inside it when they do it.
  13. boone315

boone315 SPACE TRUCKING

In A-bay, they still have the portable machine, they supposedly start it over the bunk as you drive by slowly, as if the x rays don't bounce or spread, the one in Ogdensburg, they allow you out of the truck, I leave the building, they have a little cinderblock room they want you in, I don't like it, you feel a tingle if you lean up against the metal door while the machine is being used.
  14. boone315

boone315 SPACE TRUCKING

I read in an old reader's digest one time that your handwriting is a direct correlation to your intelligence, the messier your writing, the higher your I.Q. Some of the greatest minds in history had completely illegible writing ,, I think I completely trash that theory.
  15. patriciajnsn

patriciajnsn Steering Wheel Holder Supporter

LMAOOOOOO,I hate to say it but you're probably right.Jason is a horrible writer but smart as a whip.
  16. Racer X 69

Racer X 69 Member

Keep you in the truck? Is it a stationary type that you drive through, or the kind that you park the truck and the machine moves from one end of the rig to the other?

At the crossing from British Columbia into Washington they have the type where you park the rig and get out, and then the machine moves from the front to the back, and then parks itself back at the front to be ready for the next scan.

All the other places I have been x-rayed they have either an arm mounted on a truck and you have to pull through it (they don't actually start the x-ray until the cab is passed), or there is a stationary machine and you drive through it (again the scan doesn't actually start until the cab is clear). The latter is at some military bases I go into, some container ports, and some scale houses.
  17. boone315

boone315 SPACE TRUCKING

The type you drive under
  18. snowflake

snowflake Ow ya goin'

I find this ironically funny.....
    we send the babes to school to get an education and on top of that the system stresses good penmanship.....

.( teachers made me stay in at recess for this) :pullhair:
  19. boone315

boone315 SPACE TRUCKING

I didn't think the schools taught anything that did not involve last nights reality show anymore.
  20. blackheart79

blackheart79 New Member

no I was in the wrong..I was over a hour on my logs..So i understand if i would have goten coached or anything like that..But There company rateing or whatever for csa 2010 is already bad so there letting anyone go that gets cought with any kinda violations..That was the first violation i have had on me since 2005 so i dont have a bad score..But they said that they couldnt have anyone with violations with them for know..And no malone isnt only owner opps..I was trying to lease a truck threw them cause i had a friend going threw that..I just wanted to try a lease plan one time and i learnd my lesson quick..But thats all i did in the three months with them wrong..I had that one log book violation and trk stayed in shop all the time