bobtails you SUCK!!

Discussion in 'Truck Stop Reviews and Discussion' started by panhandlepat, Apr 29, 2009.

1. bigyellowpete

bigyellowpete Town Bike Supporter

According to the timestamp on the pic in its original spot, that pic was tKen at 1:46am, May 29, 2011. Pretty sure it just felt like 5 am!
    leoturocy likes this.
  2. bigyellowpete

What kind of fool would stack all those cans on the dash while they were sitting around in Laredo waiting for their trailer to come back?

The guy's gotta be nuts.
    View attachment 10627
  3. Racer X 69

Racer X 69 Member

Is that the one from Sioux City or Des Moines?
    leoturocy likes this.
  4. bigyellowpete

That one was in Des Moines, right before we took out the trash.
    leoturocy, Racer X 69 and Duck like this.
  5. Duck

Duck .

Media:
    Albums:
    In the picture, the visor seen through the windshield appears to be yellow. And that looks like Peterbilt gauges. Hmm .. who drives a big yellow pete?

Define "took out".

View attachment 10628
    View attachment 10628
    leoturocy and Injun like this.
  6. bigyellowpete

Ya think?

i believe that picture was taken a mere 13 minutes later, lol.
    View attachment 10629
    leoturocy and Racer X 69 like this.
  7. Racer X 69

Racer X 69 Member

I had it confused with the one in Sioux City when we drank beer until the sun came up. At least I got a 10 hour break, right?
    leoturocy likes this.
  8. Sinister

Sinister Well-Known Member Staff Member Supporter

The mistake was in the bobtail parking like a jackass.

And if that's the stupidest thing youve ever seen in your 35 posts, and over a year registered, you really should log in more.
  9. midwestbound

midwestbound Night Owl Supporter

Speaking of logging in more.....where the hell have you been mister?????
    Racer X 69 likes this.
  10. Sinister

Sinister Well-Known Member Staff Member Supporter

Been getting home weekends for about the last month, and leaving the laptop in the truck.
  11. KevTruckin

KevTruckin New Member

a bobtail using its Jake Brakes is pointless!:rolllaugh:
  12. DubbleD

DubbleD Cheef Editer Supporter

13. imkexpress

imkexpress New Member

i have beat doors and made some pretty ****y friends out of the deal but who cares, bobtails dont belong in a solo spot that a tt should be parked in

14. Duck

Duck .

Media:
    Albums:
    What if 2 bobtails were sharing a spot, and then one of them left before you got there?

What if the bobtail arrived at 2AM and there were no other places for him to park & sleep, and that one spot, due to the way others were parked, happened to be "that one spot" that nobody can (easily) get into with a trailer?

I've seen that sort of thing happen before when I've been stuck without a load somewhere. I'd see a bobtail parked at the end of a pull-thru slot and another one comes in and parks behind him, then I take a nap & when I get up, the first bobtail is gone, but the later arrival is still there and there's some guy flapping his ignorant jaws on the CB, *****ing because there's a bobtail in a pull-thru spot.
  15. Injun

Injun Psycho Squaw Staff Member Supporter

I don't get so aggravated about bobtails so much as going through and seeing a dozen dropped trailers, usually near the front by the building. I understand a guy needs to drop the trailer to go home in many cases, but if you're not going to be there anyway, why not drop your trailer at the back of the lot?
  16. Nomad

Nomad New Member

I get aggravated seeing a lot of bobtails taking up full spots. When I'm bobtail I always look for an out of the way place. It's called courtesy